SSC Bearcat

Any SSC class topic can be discussed here.

Moderator: hbartel

draftman1

SSC Bearcat

Post by draftman1 »

my latest adition to the madman's Pacific fleet, the bearcat. its all coro
[img][IMG]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9633/bearcat1x.jpg[/img]
[/img]

[img][IMG]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3633/bearcat2x.jpg[/img]
[/img]

it will make its debut at the Pearl Harbor Classic this next weekend
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Pretty amazing what you folks do with coro out there

Let us know how she flies!

Great work!

Ed
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

Very nice, Andy. What is the final weight?
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

thanks guys, I havnt weighed it yet, I dont have a scale. Im hoping my kids will get me one for christmas.

compared to another SSC plane I have, @ right at 2 1/2 lbs, its pretty close to the same
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Andy,
My first SSC Warbird, which was flown at Paris contest in 2003, was an F8F Bearcat.

draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Lou, thats very cool. I know the dark blue is goin to be hell. but, I just have to have something different.

we kindive do the semiscale warbirds for SSC here, the crowd loves it
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Just remember, you don't have to do a scale paint scheme ... go crazy on the underside of the wings so you can tell which way you are flying

Nice to hear from you Lou!

Ed
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

I kept the underside of the wing white with some bold colors. that will help alot
boiler

Post by boiler »

The bottom of my P-40 was large blocks of yellow and black. Before that I just had yellow on the bottom.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Andy,
Real men don't need no stinking stripe and bright color schemes on the bottom of their wings. That is only for the Gilkeys.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

gotcha, I will just paint everything on the bottom blue, cant be like the Gilkeys!
TheKid

Post by TheKid »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lou Melancon</i>
<br />Andy,
Real men don't need no stinking stripe and bright color schemes on the bottom of their wings. That is only for the Gilkeys.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sounds like someone is bitter they couldn't come up with a unique color scheme [;)]
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Brian,
I never said your color schemes didn't work, as they have certainly worked well. What I meant to say is that WWII fighters should look like fighters and not brightly painted "hazard" signs.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

I've got a great idea, since nearly everyone is flying the same plane (zero) and virtually the same color (only so many zero color schemes and most like the green, it seems) let's make them all look the same top and bottom so nobody can tell which plane is theirs!

i'm pretty sure the zero that was on the cover of MA does not look like a flying hazard sign and I will hazard (no pun intended) an opinion that our 2548 planes look as good as most out there and better than a lot. but then I've been going to meets and seeing actual planes in competition.......and more than a few have distinguishing, high contrast markings on the bottom.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Here is the bearcat after a little marking up. it turned out to be an awesome flyer until I dump thumbed it in. definataly one of my favorites

[img][IMG]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3225/bearcata1.jpg[/img]
[/img]