Would a Gentlemens agreement work ?

This is the thread to aid in development of new ideas and classes. Post working rules and gather feedback!

Moderator: hbartel

Jimbo

Would a Gentlemens agreement work ?

Post by Jimbo »

I was thinking that we could hold an Open B and 2548 Scale contest at my club this fall and have a Gentlemens agreement between all the B pilots to run all their B stuff with stock muffler and 10x3 props. I'll leave my Jetts at home. Obviouly this would only work if all the pilots coming would agree ahead of time.Could this work?

S?C
Bad Dawg

Post by Bad Dawg »

I think there are more than a few fliers who would like that. If I were in your neighborhood, I'd join in, in the tender heartbeat of a frightened humming bird. I don't think it would qualify for NPS, though. It wouldn't be open. And it would be like comparing apples to oranges, both good but not the same.

NUNC AUT NUNQUAM
Mark V.
The perpetual 'newbie'
Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Jimbo,

What 10x3 props are you using? I checked my LHS- no 10x3 anything, Tower has APC 10x3 (though they're 2.50) but no MA 10x3? I checked the Master Airscrew site itself and they have the 10x3 listed there. What are you using and where are you getting it from?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

All the local hobby shops here handle APC props, If yours doesn't have the 10x3 I'm sure they would be willing to order some for you.

BadDawg if all the pilots coming would willingly agree(volunteer) to do it, it WOULD qualify for NPS. There is nothing in the rules that says you have to run a tuned exhaust or a certain prop. That's why I used the words "willingly agree and volunteer".

S?C
Bad Dawg

Post by Bad Dawg »

I'll send you some mail, Jimbo.

NUNC AUT NUNQUAM
Mark V.
The perpetual 'newbie'
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Jimbo,
Mark is correct in that a "gentleman's agreement" to limit equipment would not qualify for NPS. Only if you run the event exactly as the rules specify, without side bars or limits, can it qualify.

Lou Melancon
Alpharetta, Georgia
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Lou, I don`t understand. As long as the contest is run straight by RCCA rules, why would it not qualify?

If I`d have flown the NATS with a stock muffler and a 10/3, would that have DQ`ed the NATS as an NPS event? Of course not. What if two or three others saw me doing it and thought it was the hot ticket, what then? Maybe by round 10 everyone had the stock muffler and 10/3, it would still be the NATS, and would still be an NPS event.

If Jim holds an event, straight by the rules, and evryone just happens to run stock mufflers and 10/3`s, then it should qualify.
<font size="4">If one guy decides to use a can and a 9/4, he absolutely is welcome to do it.</font id="size4"> Under those circumstances, the contest would and should be NPS legal, the way I see it.

http://hometown.aol.com/lee4f2d/myhomepage/sale.html
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Lee,
To run any event for NPS it must be AMA sanctioned. To gain the sanction you either run it as a "rulebook" event or as a Type C contest which is non-rulebook event.

An event that limits the participants to less than what is in the rule book or creates additional rules is not a rule book event, and therefore is a Type C. A type C does not qualify for NPS.

Anyone can run the event, but it cannot be an NPS event because it is being run with restrictions that differ from the printed rules.

In your scenario you are not holding participants to a "gentleman's agreement" you are saying they can fly what they brung. Therefore a straight rule book event would be held. But then why have this long thread?

Lou Melancon
Alpharetta, Georgia
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Lee is right. There would be NO restrictions, it would be voluntary ONLY. And it WILL be eligible for RCCA NPS should we decide to hold it.Lou if you want to come with tuned mufflers or whatever,fine, no one cares.

S?C
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Sounds like you could be opening up a huge can of slimy worms[:D] But, hey, I have nothing against slimy worms[:o)] I've probably been called that,,,,,or worse,,,,on one or more occasion in my 68+ years. [:0][^]

CAJUN [8D]
Lone Star Combat State
AMA-CD 174052
RCCA 380
NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
MY MIND WORKS LIKE LIGHTNING,,ONE BRILLIANT FLASH AND IT'S GONE!!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Each a every pilot has the right to run whatever prop he wants to. He also has the right to run or not run a tuned exaust. NOTHING in the RCCA rules stops me from asking pilots that are coming if they would like to join me in putting on a stock muffler and a 10x3 prop. If they don't want to, they don't have to.

S?C
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Lou are you going to take all of Kirks points away? They fly A-class with a gentlemens agreement.[;)]

S?C
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Jimbo,
If you don't force everyone to adhere to your "Gentleman's Agreement" you are fine because you are then holding a rule book event. Your initial question indicated that you were holding everyone to a "Gentlemans Agreement" and if you were then that would not have qualified for sanction or NPS.

Incidentally, I've been to your field for a contest. One day when you are attending sanctioned contests again, you may want to come to mine.

Lou Melancon
Alpharetta, Georgia
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Incidentally, I've been to your field for a contest. One day when you are attending sanctioned contests again, you may want to come to mine.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lou, what does this have to do with anything?

Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It would NOT be a "Gentlemens agreement" if I were to use force now would it? I wish I could make it to your contest. My job makes that very difficult. I do appreciate you making it out to our contest that one time 4 years ago. You,Dr.Evil and AJ. are the reason I joined the RCCA in the first place [:D] [:0]Now that's something to think about is it not [B)]

S?C

Return to “Proposed Provisional Classes”