MASTERS CLASS COMBAT

This is the thread to aid in development of new ideas and classes. Post working rules and gather feedback!

Moderator: hbartel

Devil Dog

MASTERS CLASS COMBAT

Post by Devil Dog »

Could we create a Masters Class of combat with a different scoring system? My understanding of C/L combat is when you get cut you are done. Could we use a similar system? Heats fly until there is one person left. Would that work?
boiler

Post by boiler »

Jay, that would s***. I flew cl combat when I was young. I also flew cl slow combat. cl goodyear racing, cl sport racing, cl precision acrobatics. All this was to have something to do if I got knocked out in the first round of combat.[xx(]

Bob Loescher
Lima Ohio
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Jay,
I don't know about the Masters Class part, but somewhere around 10 years ago that's what we did here at home. If you lost your ribbon, you came down and scoring stopped for you. But then we were crazy enough to tie another on and go back up! You talk about danger, man we were nuts! Don't remember anyone ever getting hurt, but we came close lots! Now if you were to stay down after your ribbon's gone (which is what I think your're talking about), it would work. But then you have the guy that say's "Hey there's still a knot there!" [:D] AAhhhh The good ole CRAZY day's!!!!!!!!! Flung what ya brung and hope the Balsa stayed glued..[:)]

Ben Morrow AKA "Hillbilly"
www.downhomerc.com

"Furballs" are for me!
Devil Dog

Post by Devil Dog »

Bob,

I’m just trying to brain storm. My thought is you would not be out after the first round, but keep flying more rounds. I would think that people that keep winning, keep flying more together. I would think that newbies would fly together and masters would also fly together in the course of a match. There would be a natural pooling so to say.

Ben,

I agree with you. I’m thinking once the streamer is cut to less then some number you would have to land for that heat and wait until the next round. Multiple launches can get a little hairy.
wparmenter

Post by wparmenter »

The problem with landing after being 'killed', is some people might get cut very quickly in every round. In paris, I think I was lucky to make it one minute every round I flew before my streamer was completely removed. That would have given me less than six minutes of flying time for the whole contest. That would suck.

Wes 'Sheepy' Parmenter
[img]http://home.swbell.net/sheepdip/sheepy.gif"[/img]

AMA CD 456266
N0ZCE
RCCA 358
wcrane

Post by wcrane »

Flew double elimination cl slow combat in Wichita last weekend. I don't have a plane left, it was good!

But it is good that I didn't drive all the way to Wichita for just that one event. I was out of planes after the second round and that was only because my competitor in the first round didn't know what he was doing.

In the second round my competitor was a little on the more advanced side. Also, my Norvel 25 was really performing. I think the guy that filled my syringes used the 35% fuel instead of the 10 percent. With my plane totally hauling and the other guy knowing what going on I was pretty much on the evade side of flying. Well, evade, catchup to my plane, evade again. I finally saw a shot and I took it. Right through the middle of his plane. Removed the streamer, but you have to cut just streamer or string to get a score. Both planes were totalled.

Points are given for being up first, but there was controversy. On the start command I was in the air first and just before launch, his pitman noticed he didn't have a streamer, so I flew out my bladder and we reflew the round. This time he was up first by a second. I didn't get credit for the first launch. I was robbed.

I could go on forever, what was the question? Oh yeah, done right and the flight only lasts a couple minutes at the most. That would totally blow.

From somewhere near Parkville, MO
Mr Clean
Devil Dog

Post by Devil Dog »

One thing this would do is eliminate furball flying and greatly reduce midairs. The ranking system could be simular to chess. If you beat a champ, you move up, and if you get beat by a chump, you would move down.
Devil Dog

Post by Devil Dog »

Mr. Clean,

I'm not talking about double elimination. That would suck! You would keep flying 1 heat per round like now. Currently when I fly, 8 pilots might take off, of that, maybe 3 are left after 2 minutes. If no one has a streamer, that is also boring. I don't think in reatily that much would change other than a great reduction in damage.

Return to “Proposed Provisional Classes”