Limited-B Demo only (Please)

This is the thread to aid in development of new ideas and classes. Post working rules and gather feedback!

Moderator: hbartel

aseaholm

Post by aseaholm »

Scott,

Was Brian running a MAS or APC when he skinned ya?

A.J. Seaholm
www.TEAMseaholm.com
RCCA 185
NMPRA 17v
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Hi AJ, we were both using MA. Since you bring it up, it does make me wonder if a more frangible prop like the APC would have simply broken and caused less damage. He clearly had the tips working as he carved a path of destruction almost as long as Sherman's march to the sea, before he finally gave up the ghost and stalled his motor (his prop was mangled, broke in half right at the hub and remaining blade nearly gone). One could certainly theorize that a more brittle prop might tend to break before causing more damage, but I don't want to volunteer for the testing to prove that! Several of the guys at our meet last weekend ran APCs, and they caused plenty of damage. Ask Kirk Adams if he suffered some plane damage. If i weren't such a dunce I would post a photo of my Hellcat, which was simply cut to ribbons by the APC on Don Veres' plane, and he kept flying. Both my wing and fuse were cut completely in two. I'll email the photo to you, feel free to post it, or tell me how to do it if you can. One of these days I gotta learn that!

Scott Gilkey
aseaholm

Post by aseaholm »

I picked up some APC 10x3's awhile back and noticed the hubs were pretty beefy. Since most APC breaks occur out at the tips, I wondered if the hub would stay in tact while chomping on a plane up.

I haven't found any MAS 10x4's locally to compare hub sizes. Sounds like they may be comparable to a 10x5 or 10x6 MAS on a .40. I have had a couple mid-airs with those, man can they chew stuff up.

Thanks for the info...

A.J. Seaholm
www.TEAMseaholm.com
RCCA 185
NMPRA 17v

Return to “Proposed Provisional Classes”