Conquering Survivability?

This is the thread to aid in development of new ideas and classes. Post working rules and gather feedback!

Moderator: hbartel

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Lou,

As my busted-up planes at most meets display- I have no idea how to accomplish a sustained stage three. It's not often you see A.J., Eric, or Mike Fredricks on their last plane however and I think this is part of the explanation. It was interesting listening to some of the learning theories and applying them to combat- it made sense to me. I hope it was at least entertaining?

Mike,

Wingspan would be very easy to check. You could just put a hunk of tape up on the nearest post and lean the wing up against it. Chord would pretty much mean rulers, and tip and root chord would mean doing simple math! We don't want that do we! Besides, I keep hearing that wider wings equal slower wings so would a wider wing cost enough in speed to eliminate a wide wing arms race?

Scott,

64" seems like a nice number because you can get the most wings out of a sheet of foam (at least compared to any number larger than 64"). By the way, for everyone who claims that you don't need a long wing to be competitive- I believe that at least the first four (possibly six) spots at the Nats this year went to pilots flying 72+" wings? If you think that information was lost on 64" wing pilots I can assure you that at least one of us was paying attention.

Tim Feathers
Wild Wings Combat
RCCA 538
Bad Dawg

Post by Bad Dawg »

Great Thread[:)]

NUNC AUT NUNQUAM
Mark V.
The perpetual 'newbie'

Return to “Proposed Provisional Classes”