Combat, , Land/Air/Sea, Texas again!!!!!!!!!

This is the thread to aid in development of new ideas and classes. Post working rules and gather feedback!

Moderator: hbartel

C/F

Combat, , Land/Air/Sea, Texas again!!!!!!!!!

Post by C/F »

Call me crazy but this would be wild combat............

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=HydroFoam
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

I saw these and said I need to have one

Drew
Wingman

Post by Wingman »

OK, so now that everyone's mouth is watering, does anyone know where to buy one?
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wingman</i>
<br />OK, so now that everyone's mouth is watering, does anyone know where to buy one?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Here's a link to the original discussion thread in RC Groups:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... ge=6&pp=15

It looks like no plans or kits are ready yet...but the masses on that group are screaming! Looks like a blast for early spring when the flying field is partially flooded...or off snow...or anywhere!

-= Dave
C/F

Post by C/F »

Well, this guy is from Texas of all places and my hope in posting to this forums is one of our beloved combat ACES might be able to get us in on the fast track.

This topic is the hottest thing on the net world wide with already 3 free plans available in less than a week.

People across the world are not going to wait for a kit and even sending the guy money for his inspiration.

The short story goes like this:

Micheal builds fanfold proto post free plans and video on RCG.

UAV/Ernest a local Texan is inspired by Michaels design and does one of his own, Micheal then wants that one so UAV built him one.

They then agree to share with RCG and make video together.

Michael then post video and says his only interest is in selling plans.

After a few hours Michael then posts he will not sell plans if favor of being approached to offer it as a kit.

Worldwide interest then battles it out for the next few days and 100's of posts, already 2 knockoff free plans available with inpiration credit given to Michael. Lawyers weigh in on intelectual property. Many speculate already third world manufactures all over it.

Micheal has been silent other than a few posts about graphics and a promise kits would be on the fasttrack...

other info:

Michael Connaly Weatherford Texas: original designer

Ernest?? UAVpilot designer: Improved design in video, Mineral falls TX

Go Teaxas...........

edited for accuracy of details...........
Thaman

Post by Thaman »

you can also fo to www.flyingthingz.com and look at some of that stuff they have something kinda like it but its a indy car
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Jim Grizzle called me last night and got me to check this out.... All I can say is WOW. I gotta have one of these
C/F

Post by C/F »

info: Michael breaks silence..........

I want to apologize to everyone. I have just spent the last 10 minutes reviewing my posts on this thread. Evidently I was getting my emails, and my posts confused. I thought I had made it clear that we were going to pursue the kit idea... but I didn't. Because we are planning on selling kits I think it would be unwise to sell plans first.

Here is the way it came to be so nobody is confused:
I designed the Miss Fanfold. UAV saw it and got inspired... to say the least. He then developed the Hydro-Foam. I saw it and wanted one... so he made one for me. Then we decided we had to share this with RC-Groups. After we took the video, and I finished the editing we decided to sell plans. That's when this thread started. After we saw the amount of interest that was generated I suggested that we get them kitted instead of selling plans.

I should have gotten the kits ready before posting the video, but we didn't know we were going to kit them. I don't know how long it will take, but I promise that I am working as fast as I can. We have been staying up till after 2:00am on several occasions this last week trying to get things done.

Thanks,
Michael

ps. my website is back up, but without the videos
http://www.michaelconnally.com/

my video setup: "YELLOW ONE IN VIDEO"
toshiba 24mm cd-rom
custom endbell
5X5X2 mags
12 turns of 22 gauge ... wye
7X3 prop
21 ounces of static thrust at 14 amps... don't use much full throttle
3 cell etec 700's
gws 4ch Rx
gws pico servos
ph25 esc

AUW ... around 10.5 ounces

before you say it... I will
this setup is pushing the motor and the batteries to their limit.

Mike

==================================================================

UAV breaks code of secrecy...............

My setup "RED ONE IN VIDEO"

Ok, since Mike posted his, here goes....
I was runing a homade Cd rom motor with parts I bought from http://slofly.com/cart/index.php?cP...2c046e4691aeefa
22.7 stator ,Stock endbell with n50 5x5x1 magnets
12turns of 24awg
10 -12 amps,14oz thrust with 7-3.5 DD GWS prop
3 HE 2003 servos(hard to find) 6grams each.
phnx 10 brushless speed control with max timing
E-tec 700,s which gave me AUW of 9+ oz
Like mike said your pushing the system if you fly hard, but normal flight with that setup yields about 9.5 minutes fly time averging 4.5 amps.

Hope that helps

Ernest
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Hello?

Return to “Proposed Provisional Classes”