2548 to Rule Book - Scale Combat 2948

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

2548 to Rule Book - Scale Combat 2948

Post by Ed Kettler »

After many years of gestation, I think it is time to submit 2548 as a rule book event. This has to go in by March 15th. I have taken the recently approved version and made the following minor updates to make it ready for submission:

1. Name change: The event will be called Scale Combat 2948, and all references to 2548 have been removed
2. The Document Control section was removed
3. Removed any reference to “Provisional” :D
4. Section 3.1.5 has been truncated to remove the RCCA process related to approvals of new planes
Old: 3.1.5 Changes to the Approved Aircraft List (Rules Appendix A). Changes to the Approved Aircraft List contained in Appendix A of these rules shall follow the prescribed procedures in the RCCA Protocols and Procedures (PnP). The proposed aircraft addition/deletion shall document the justification relative to Appendix A.3 Selection Criteria of these rules. Proposed changes not meeting the spirit and intent of section 1.0 Objective or the more detailed requirements in section Appendix A.3 shall be rejected. The RCCA Board, with input from the Technical Committee and the 2548 Rules Committee, shall approve all changes to the Approved Aircraft List.

New: . 3.1.5 Changes to the Approved Aircraft List (Rules Appendix A). The proposed aircraft addition/deletion shall document the justification relative to Appendix A.3 Selection Criteria of these rules. Proposed changes not meeting the spirit and intent of section 1.0 Objective or the more detailed requirements in section Appendix A.3 shall be rejected.

5. Section A.3, I deleted the last bullet, which was a circular reference (for it to get on the list, it had to be on the list), and recast the authority to lay in the hands of the AMA Contest Board for RC Combat.
The aircraft must be a scale model :
- of a single or twin piston engined aircraft
- that flew prior to 1946
- that saw air-to-air combat or active squadron service at some point (including after 1945)
- Is listed in RCCA 2548 Provisional Rules Appendix A (The Approved Aircraft List) <-Deleted
The AMA Contest Board for RC Combat, when requested, is responsible for judging whether or not aircraft meet the above criteria and may add aircraft to the list at their discretion at any time. (i.e. Without the need to wait for a normal Class Rules Cycle).

I’d like to thank all those who have flown 2548 over the last six years, who had their unique points of view, who guided its development, who designed and kitted planes, all of whom contributed to taking a concept through to fruition. I feel that it is now time to carry it into the end zone and give the country a scale combat event where pilot skill is the major determinate of victory.

Respectfully,
Ed Kettler
RCCA Southwest District Representative
2548 Committee Member
Adjutant, 12th Pursuit Squadron
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!
Dane McGee

Re: 2548 to Rule Book - Scale Combat 2948

Post by Dane McGee »

Great Job Ed! Thanks for all your work getting 2948 to this point.

...........2948. Hmmmm that'll take a little gettin used to :wink:
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Old habits die hard, but you have almost a year to retrain yourself!

It is less of a mouthful than "Limited Scale Combat" or "Scale Combat - Limited" and anything else I could think up after 2300 last night :D
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

You have my unofficial yes vote Ed, thanks for all your dilligent hard work and dedication to all things WWII scale! If Tony Stillman approves my appointment as district V combat AMA rep. You will have that yes vote officially. 2948, I think it has a nice ring to it don't you?
Chris Handegard
RCCA 481
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Any feedback on dropping the engine claim part?
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Good luck on your quest for AMA District V Chris. I think you will be a great rep with your background and active evangalism in growing combat!

Ed
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the support. It's not really a quest though, I just stepped up when asked to do the job. As for engine claiming, I've always said I thought it was useless.
Chris Handegard
RCCA 481