VANISHING TOPICS

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

grasshpr

VANISHING TOPICS

Post by grasshpr »

What happened to the 5 pages of P-47N kit discussion and photos?
Chris Handegard
RCCA 481
lightning

Re: VANISHING TOPICS

Post by lightning »

Chris, Don Grissom could give you more details, but during Bob Loescher's event this weekend Don was explaining how there was "something" in that thread that was causing the Forum software to send out "New Message" emails over and over again, always referring the the same post, even though it was no longer new.
He was trying to track down why but I suspect he could not do that and had no choice but delete the whole thing.
My apologies on his behalf for what you have unfortunately lost.
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

The forum has a major bug.

I've been gettin about 10-15 emails a day from the forum as if I've subscribed to a thread.....it was the P-47 thread and the 2548 forum. I finally went to my preferences and un-selected all emails from the forum. It has issues.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Actually it has "issues" both ways. I no longer got notifications when there's a new post ANY thread that I was following and that happened a month or more ago and not as a result of anything that may have been done in the last few days!
Last edited by Which_way_is_up on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Tail end Charlie"
Criticize by contributing

Roy Appleton
RCCA# Ex-541
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

I figured Don might have done some surgery. I was getting barraged by repeated P-47 thread notifications and let him know about the problem last week. Guess he had to amputate.
Chris Handegard
RCCA 481
Dr. Kamakaze

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

I am having a problem with the forum as well. Since the Frenzy at Freestate thread that had the last post on May 19th, EVERY topic is coming up when I click on view new topics. When I click on view active posts, nothing comes up. I stay logged in all the time and have the RCCA website set as my home page in my office :D . I never had issues with this before now...it makes it hard to just check the new posts when ALL of them keep coming up.
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this same problem,
Andy Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876, North Central District Rep
AMA #273119
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Dr. Kamakaze wrote:I am having a problem with the forum as well. Since the Frenzy at Freestate thread that had the last post on May 19th, EVERY topic is coming up when I click on view new topics. When I click on view active posts, nothing comes up. I stay logged in all the time and have the RCCA website set as my home page in my office :D . I never had issues with this before now...it makes it hard to just check the new posts when ALL of them keep coming up.
Andy Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
You're not the only one, "view new posts" has never worked for me either, the only thing I use is "view unread posts", that seems to work OK. But I used to get email notified when there were new posts in a thread that I was following but that doesn't work any more. Not enough activity on the forum to bother with it as long as the "view unread posts" continues to work.
"Tail end Charlie"
Criticize by contributing

Roy Appleton
RCCA# Ex-541
Don Holmes

Post by Don Holmes »

I was getting 5 or more E-mails a day of new reply on P- 47 and there were no new replys, and I even
Un-subscribed. As for Frenzy at Freestate. I posted that and never had a problem.
Don Holmes RCCA #957
Mid Atlantic Combat
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Dr. Kamakaze wrote:I am having a problem with the forum as well. Since the Frenzy at Freestate thread that had the last post on May 19th, EVERY topic is coming up when I click on view new topics. When I click on view active posts, nothing comes up. I stay logged in all the time and have the RCCA website set as my home page in my office :D . I never had issues with this before now...it makes it hard to just check the new posts when ALL of them keep coming up.
Andy Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119

..........Same thing here.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
The End

Post by The End »

Registered users: Google [Bot], Max, The End

Just noticed that there is a Google Bot on the forum?

Seems odd..
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

When I just checked "users online I just saw a google bot and a yahoo bot online.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
Don Holmes

Post by Don Holmes »

Yes ! The Yahoo bot is reading member details.
Don Holmes RCCA #957
Mid Atlantic Combat
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

...........the forum seems to have been repaired. Thx Don!!
Last edited by Dane McGee on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Donduck73

Post by Donduck73 »

Yes I know about the issue. I turned the email function back on to try to resolve it but it started up again and I have not found a solution. I had to delete the topic in hopes of resolving the issue but it still is happening. I will be turning off the email function while I am in Tenn this weekend. During that time no emails will go from the forum. It has to do with someone trying to upload a picture in a post and it errored out and since then It keeps trying to repost causing the emails to send out. If you notice the post date is the same in every email. I will get this resolved but it will take a little time to debug.
Donald Grissom
RCCA# 722
RCCA Webmaster
[img]http://www.rccombat.com/images/rccombatsignature.jpg[/img]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Thanks Don. The forum is the heart and soul of the combat community, and as someone involved in the IT industry, I know how much effort you put into keeping it up and running.

Thanks!
Ed
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!