P-39

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

combatgoblin

P-39

Post by combatgoblin »

I recently built a P-39 to see if it could be done light enough to make it electric. It required 7oz to bring it up to 52oz, I do not think it is enough to go electric. Oh well, it is something different.
I flew it twice if a dirt nap is considered a second time. The first time it was really windy and it required down trim but flew very well. The second time was at the Fall Classic, the launch was downwind as this was our wind direction for the day. It went down, it appeared to be coming out but went in on the belly. It dislodged the servo tray and I was unable to fix it. When I fly it again I will let you know how it goes. Click on the link below to see some pictures of it.

http://www.royfokker.com/cobra.html
Don Fourson 386
Don Holmes

Re: P-39

Post by Don Holmes »

I love the Air Cobra ! I think that is what thy call the P-39 and a big Brother King Cobra.
That plane sure looks good...
Don Holmes RCCA #957
Mid Atlantic Combat
Ed Kettler

Re: P-39

Post by Ed Kettler »

The P-39 should be a good flying airplane. Based on my numbers, it should have one of the lightest wing loadings, has a long nose so CG is not a problem, plus it is pretty clean. Lee Liddle flew them very successfully, as long as Cash wasn't cutting off their tails! :)
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!