FW-190 - A3 PHOTOS!!!!!!

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

combatgoblin

FW-190 - A3 PHOTOS!!!!!!

Post by combatgoblin »

This is a scratch built Buther Bird,I used the outlines from a set of plans published in 1942.
I have not flown it yet as I'm waiting for a cold front to pass.Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/dalotel?fea ... p0H87EQnS4
Don Fourson 386
Dane McGee

Re: FW-190 - A3 PHOTOS!!!!!!

Post by Dane McGee »

Beautiful A-3!!

Be sure to keep us posted on the flight test

Go Scale! :D :D
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
boiler

Post by boiler »

Ditto.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Don,
That is a very nice looking Butcher Bird. Did you take any construction photos? I'd like to know more about how its made. The cowl looks really good. What did you use to make it?
Lou Melancon
RCCA #484
Cumming, Georgia
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

Nice looking bird Don. Need some more details on the construction. It is definitely not constructed out of a wet noodle. :D

Hey Lou!
Chris Shepherd
RCCA #139
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

Looks good Buckwheat, bring that to the contest next weekend so I can shoot it down with a Spitfire.
Chris Handegard
RCCA 481
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

That's a GREAT looking FW-109!n Keep up the great work. It will look even BETTER at my 12 o'clock... :D
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
RCCA #908
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/garyjames/Trample_the_Weak.jpeg[/img]
combatgoblin

Post by combatgoblin »

Thanks for the kind words.
When I started this I was doing a build thread but two pictures in I dropped my camera and broke it. If I was to build it again I would make a few changes like the canopy because making it out of foam was difficult. Also I would cut in the equast slots in the front of the fuse.
The building of it is quite simple, the shaping of it is where the work is. The wings are like any airplane (I used a hot wire to cut the cores) Glued together with a fiber glass rod top and bottom. The fuse is built over a frame like a Q-500 you can use any airfoil so you build the frame the top is straight and is the center line. You start by making the fuse sides by cutting two balsa sides then adding 2 ply dowel supports to the inside the wing airfoil is now cut then you glue foam to the outside of the balsa and cut the wing shape now put it together so it is shaped like a Q-500.
Glue on the fire wall the circumferance of a 3 liter soda bottle glue it on then glue foam on the frame to make the the plug. Now the fun part start grinding away the foam until you have a FW-190 then install fiber glass rods to the outside of the fuse fit a 3 liter soda bottle on for a cowl. Now you have a fuse.
Don Fourson 386
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

The good news is come this weekend you will have an opportunity to show us how great it flies at the HOBE SOUND HAVOC contest. See you there! If you have trouble locating me, just look behind you, about halfway up your streamer....
Chris Handegard
RCCA 481
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Looks good Don.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it