Leader Scoreboard

Moderator: hbartel

Cross Check

Leader Scoreboard

Post by Cross Check »

Hi All,
'Buzz' and 'SideSlip' came up with a very cool coro (Golf style) Leader Scoreboard that works really great for our Maac Scale Combat Matches:

-It is 4mil coro about 3ft tall and 2ft wide.
-every pilot gets a 1in. high 'strip' that moves up/down the board via velcro.
-the scores/total get added each Round (in a box on the pilot strip)
-After each Heat the Pilot/Line Judge takes the scoresheet to the Scoreboard. The pilot strips are adjusted to see 'who is on top' before the next Round.
-The grid lines are done with permanent marker. The scores are written in 'washable' markers.

Advantages?:
-Round per Round the leader's streamers get more valuable.
-Interesting 'team' tactical flying develops. (even though all of us are trying to win !)
-Scores get close. Last Rounds can get very intense/enjoyable/exciting !
-No need for the CD/scorekeeper to wade through all the score sheets after the last Heat to figure out who won. It is done as the Match goes on.
-A picture of the final Scoreboard tells the storey how every Pilot flew that Match.(I find it interesting to find out how I got beat, and how 'consistantly Lucky' some Pilots are. ! ! !) And it has all the information for any NPS tabulations.

It was made for the 2005 CanNats and along with our 'Start Engines/End Combat' compact disc it really helps make a Match easier for the CD/organizers and more fun for the Pilots and Spectators.

We usually have trophy/plaques for 1st-3rd. Instead of the winner getting first choice from the prize table, they get fist pick from all the pilots names in a hat, then the prizes get raffled off. (last place has a chance at the top prize, usually an O.S.FX.25) The top pilots may not think this is fair, but it does keep the interest of the pilots near the back.(Alot of us beleive in Luck ! )

I wish everyone a great time...
R/C Combat is the most fun you can have with a model airplane...

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
lightning

Post by lightning »

To all RCCA members and other readers.
Just so you know...... the poster of this item is the individual who got the Canadian Combat group to agree to change the rules to limit fighters to single seaters that flew between 1935 and 1945.
The rule change was enacted early in 2004 to be effective in 2005.
OK, so far no problem.
Four of us in the Detroit club were then informed that our Fairey Battles, IL2s and A17As would NOT be allowed to fly at a 2004 event CD'd by this guy, even though the new rules were not in effect and our aircraft were legal in 2004.
We appealed to the Canadian MAAC executive who received a recommendation from the Canadian Combat group that no action should be taken. No-one in the MAAC Exec even took a look at the rules.
That was basically the end of cross-border combat as it had been growing. We did fly at the Canadian Nats in 2005 (with planes that met the requirements as we had time to build them) but our appetite to repeat that has diminished dramatically.
It appeared that was exactly what they wanted, after all, one of our group was Brian Gilkey who was whipping ALL our butts!
Personally I think this guy has a nerve posting on here, although there is nothing to stop him.
Cross Check

Post by Cross Check »

Hi Kieth,

I'm Sorry. I didn't realize that 'burr' was still stuck up your backside. I hope it will eventually pass.

Trying to make me out to be some sort of evil mastermind who hates the RCCA is way out of line. Nothing could be further from the truth. Talk about nerve !

So what if we are having fun flying Scale Combat the way RCCA 2610 was back in 1998-99? We've moved on to playing with WW1 too.

As a pilot and a CD I just go with the flow with the pilots around here. For the record, I think the RCCA 2548 rules are much better than ours. But if I'm the only one around here, what can I do?

As far as the Leader Scoreboard goes, it is something that works great for both CDs and Pilots and I just thought R/C Combat flyers might be interested in it... Take it for what it's worth.

Keith, do you use synthetic oil fuel? Maybee you should switch to Castor Oil, it might help you with that 'burr' !
(That is a joke)

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
IceEagle

Post by IceEagle »

Crosscheck, why is it when a fact is put out on your thread you always try to make people consider it as an evil master mind? Facts are facts! RCCD combat team Best of luck in your up and coming 2007 season!

Sincerly,
IceEagle
Gone but still flying above you!
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

thanks for heads up Keith
lightning

Post by lightning »

Cross Check wrote:snip....... I'm Sorry. I didn't realize that 'burr' was still stuck up your backside. I hope it will eventually pass.
Dave, there was no issue with you changing the rules if you had given us time to prepare planes to meet them, but when you as CD decided the 2005 rules applied to your event in 2004, that's when the "burr" was created. That ain't going to change. Just left a nasty taste, that's all.
These are just the facts and I see no way you can dispute them.
We will continue to do our thing this side of the border and you do yours on your side. Open B may have died in Canada but it, and Limited B, are flourishing in our world.
I quit making excuses for the Canadians about 3 years ago. Remember, I was one once!
And I did not criticise your scoreboard either. I saw it at your 2005 Nats and it worked well.
Oh, and try to spell my name right will ya?
boiler

Post by boiler »

All of our Canadian neighbors are welcome to come to our NATS and battle our members with your transmitters. We will see who prevails. All our rules are on the top of the forum so you have plenty of time to get ready. Of course if you fear our pilots to the point you don't want to be embarrassed, that's understandable. [;)]

Return to “Trends in Participation”