New Combat Web Site

Moderator: hbartel

tmelton

New Combat Web Site

Post by tmelton »

Here is my latest attempt to get things going in Southern California.

http://members.cox.net/pfcombat

Hope everyone likes the new web site and visits from time to time to check for updates.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Thanks for setting this up and promoting combat!

Ed
RH

Post by RH »

Nice site, great job!

r
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

Well I am pretty happy with the launch of the new site. It got 90 hits on the first day. Thanks to all that visited and offered feedback. It will be even better to see a few people make it to one of our combat events because they saw it advertised on the web site. I am hoping to get some links put up on all the local RC web sites. That should bring out a few new faces.

I also want to get a link posted on TRENEFFRC.com. Our club has a little competition going between the Battle Axe guys and the Mig guys. TRENEFF RC even donated a kit for our raffle. The kit was won by a guy from Hemit (another local RC club). They visited our event to get information about combat. They left with big smiles and plans to get ready for our Interclub contests next year. They are all building Battle Axes or similar type combat planes. It is going to be great to watch which club and what plane prevails in April! Who knows maybe it will be a A52 Mako.
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

Well I made getting to the website easier. Now you can just go to...

http://www.pfcombat.tk
cosmo64

Post by cosmo64 »

Nice web site Todd! Way to go! - I will add this link to the Temecula Valley Flyers Web site
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cosmo64</i>
<br />Nice web site Todd! Way to go! - I will add this link to the Temecula Valley Flyers Web site
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks for the link. The site just keeps getting better all the time. Did you vote for the what classes yet?
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

I have been asked to post a website forum at our combat website. Getting a forum going is easy enough and something I can put together with no problem. However, I would prefer to promote the RCCA forum and keep people posting comments here instead. How would the RCCA feel about hosting a forum for small combat clubs like ours here on the RCCA boards? Just give us a forum called "Combat Clubs". Then each club could have a spot to post things particular to their club. I just think it is best to keep all the chatter here at the meca of combat.
THend

Post by THend »

We do have a forum that was started by James Schell a while back. I know other regions had forums as well at one time or another. Check it out, and sign up if you want to be in the Group. I'll check each night to process approvals to join.

I think we will find that most conversation ends up making its' way back here to the RCCA forum, but at least there is a place to go to discuss issues impacting us at the regional level.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southwestrccombat/
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Yes all west coasters should join the group. speaking of west coasters, is proppy jon out of combat also? I was looking at old threads and I saw him at our Thunder over Exeter event in the past. I havnt seen him post in a while and his membership has expired
RH

Post by RH »

I talked to Proppy quite a while ago and he was done with combat and getting into gliders. That guy was a crack up!
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Wow, thats a bummer about proppy, well life and things change. How have you been RH?
THend

Post by THend »

It was crazy, he dropped combat...then I learned he was still coming out to CA once in a while for glider events..

He is a great competitor and we really do miss him along with the rest of the AZ crew.

Might be able to get some of those guys back if we get things ironed out and get combat back to where it used to be, or even better.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

were there a few AZ guys also? I sounds like combat took a dump for a while, I guess it did here also. I just wasnt around to see any of it. We have been getting it going here a little. it might be back up to or better than before. Before it was just John Z. promoting it now its both of us. Todd has really kicked it up down there also. thats great!! And Gary O is still promoting it in Livermore also. Its amazing in this state that there are only 3 combat locations, for the amount of r/c guys here, there should be at least 6 to 8 places
RH

Post by RH »

There was a nice little bunch in AZ - Proppy, Family Man, Uncle Mike a couple others in the Dirt Patch Gang. And yes, things do change....

At a Paris event I had just met Proppy John and Cash walks up with his hard hat on that had some kind of roundell/emblem on it and before he said a word Proppy asks him if that's a target or just there to take attention off his face.....a real crack up!

Return to “Trends in Participation”