I'm taking a year off

Moderator: hbartel

Dr. Kamakaze

I'm taking a year off

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

I just want to let everyone know that I need to take the 2012 season off. I will miss flying with all my friends, but hope to see ya here and there at some of the local meets I'll try to stop by and say hi and judge a few rounds. This is not an easy decision for me, and I will miss RC combat A LOT this year... :(
Get some cuts for me, I hope to be back cutting streamers again in 2013!
Thermals,
Andy Runte, aka "Dr. Kamakaze"
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876, North Central District Rep
AMA #273119
boiler

Re: I'm taking a year off

Post by boiler »

GOLLY! Really sorry to see ya move out for a spell. You were a great competitor and friend.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
midair02

Post by midair02 »

Sorry you won't be able to get some tail this year. :cry:

Not so sorry you won't be on my six, though. :D

Hope to see you around.

Cutcha Later!!!!
William "Dominator" Drumm III
RCCA Secretary/Treasurer #713
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

A little yin yang here, I guess... Andy leaves, and I return.

"Return?" you say, who the hell are you? :lol: Well, work has kept me from any contests over the past several years, and ever before that I only made it to Rockford or Beaver Dam competitions. I learned from Geips that the best way to cure this problem is to retire! :shock: (that's supposed to be Bill's 'special' glasses on that emoticon)

I'm hoping that news of my return isn't what scared Andy away -- I know that Bill already noted my membership renewal.

I have been doing quite a bit of slope flying, so I still know which stick does what -- in fact, I found out that the left stick is more than an off-on switch when you push it forward! :)

I think my brother Bryan has already made our hotel reservations for the "Nats", so I'd best get practicing and get to some of the WI meets. See you soon!

-= Dave
David Lorentzen
RCCA# 832
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

I feel your pain. You would think in semi retirement mode I would have more time..HELL NO the rules for deferred retirement actually have reduced the amount of vacation I get to take off for 5 years. Ill suck it up for 3 more years and then it wont matter I can be just like Bob? :roll:
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it

Return to “Trends in Participation”