RCCA membership

Moderator: hbartel

Quickdraw

RCCA membership

Post by Quickdraw »

RCCA membership is low at less than 100 members. I noticed on the NPS analysis from 2013 that almost half of the participants who entered RCCA events were non-members. How about using a non-members entry fee, or partial entry fee, at a contest to go toward an RCCA membership. The pilot would have to agree as well as the host club and CD. Or, instead of the $20 or $30 dollar entry fee, allow their entry fee be $15 if they sign up for RCCA membership. This offer would not apply to memberships that have expired within a year or so.

Any thoughts?
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
Dane McGee

Re: RCCA membership

Post by Dane McGee »

I'm not sure that its the fee that keeps prospective members from joining. Heck, a Oltimer with chesse, fries and iced tea at Chilis will eat up $15 in a hurry.

I think that we need to push memberships at events. Peer pressure is a powerful thing.
Find out who is not a member, walk over with a clipboard and application and encourage them to pony up on the spot.....it should be a routine part of our safety briefing. A person will take it more seriously if they actually have to fork over the dough as opposed to receiving it for free.

After all, if they make the contest, drive 50-eleven miles, spend $200-$300 per airplane, then they can afford a $15 membership......that said, if a beginner just starting out in combat is just barely making ends meet and truly can't afford a membership, then I will pay for their membership on the spot. I will make that offer at any event I attend.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684

Return to “Trends in Participation”