ME-410 Almost done with paint Scheme. Comments?

Moderator: hbartel

drewjet

ME-410 Almost done with paint Scheme. Comments?

Post by drewjet »

Anybody got some good links to ME-410 color photos?
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Try Wings Palette at http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/232
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Thanks Ed, That helped a lot.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

What are you doing for battery placement? The stubby nosed planes like the 410 and the Beaufighter don't provide a lot of space forward of the CG in the fuselage
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

The batteries are going in the aluminum motor mount that has the motor about 9 inches forward of the wing leading edge. CG is working out perfectly. I will try and take some pictures today.
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Here are some pics. Let me know what you think. I still need to make the insignias and squadron numbers, but I am relatively happy. All up weight 60 ozs. I guess If I where to fly it in 2548 I would need to add 8 ozs of more motor and battery.

wrnstockwel

Post by wrnstockwel »

Andrew,
What props are you spinning? Do you know if any of the Mega motors will swing a 10x3 APC at 14,500? I have come up with a couple of other solutions, just wondering if you knew so already.

Scott
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

It is 6X4. I am using a mega 16/15/4C

I don't know on the 10X3 yet. I am thinking maybe a Mega 22/20/4
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Drewjet,

Can you describe and/or provide a photo of how you attached the metal mount to the wing. From the photos it looks like there may be a bolt going through the nacelle, metal mount and the wing. The aluminum will probably break a prop, so that should protect the battery pretty well, especially if you can do get is completely around the battery and motor. Pretty innovative![:D]

Is the fuselage EPP?
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

I made two hard points in the wing. Basically its about 7/16" plastic square that I drilled and tapped for a 10-32 screw. I used 3 nylon screws to attach the aluminum motor mount to these hard points, 2 on the bottom and one on the top. Sorry I didn't get any good pictures of them. I have about 5 or 6 flights on it. They have been in various stages of completion, the beauty of E power is that you can fly prior to finishing and still get the paint to stick, and that I can head to the open area at the entrance to my subdivision and fly planes, instead of driving 45 minutes to the nitro field. I feel that I am close to 2610 speeds, but maybe a bit slower. I am able to get right at 6 minutes of flight time, which means 10C on a 15C battery, so I should be good there. Overall I am quite happy and looking forward to some radar testing to get a better idea of the speed.

And some squadron markings

Did the Germans have any markings on top of the wings that I need to add?
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Almost all of the German planes I've seen have crosses on the tops and the bottoms of the wings. If you Google Images with 'Me-410' as the argument, you can see several images with the wing markings. You would likely be safe with the black with white outlines.

Thanks for the info on the motor mounts. good luck on your flight testing!
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

Drewjet, looks interesting. Here is another Me-410 page if you don't already know about it. http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/me410.html

Is yours the "short snout" version? [:D]
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by cshepherd</i>
<br />Drewjet, looks interesting. Here is another Me-410 page if you don't already know about it. http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/me410.html

Is yours the "short snout" version? [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks Chris. More pictures are better. I don't know which version it is. I took a 3 view I found online and sized it up to 1/12 scale as best as I could. I think it is well within tolerance levels.[:D]
Father O 5

Post by Father O 5 »

Great job on the 410. Is this a 2610 only plane or will you be flying it in 2548 as well?

Twins have a great shot at being used in both once we sort out the electrics. If your span is 50-60" the max weight for 2610 is 4.5. The min for 2548 is 4.0. If you can put it in between there and get it to swing a 8x3 prop then it would be perfect for both.

I would be curious to see what your performance on this plane would be with the 8x3 prop. Let us know if you give it a try.
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

I intend to use it in both. I have to gain weight to make it legal in 2548. So heavier motor and or batteries is in order. The current motors will not spin an 8X3 so it will probably get remotored for 2548. I still need to get some radar testing on it to see the speed. Hopefully next weekend.