Slovak Aircombat pilot in Pennsylvania

Moderator: hbartel

Kami

Slovak Aircombat pilot in Pennsylvania

Post by Kami »

My name is Kristian Popivcak and I am Slovak aircombat pilot. In 2002 I won aircombat World Championship in Zamberk Czech Republic. In 2002, 2003, 2005 I ended second and in 2004, 2006 first in european Eurocup contest (in average 200 pilots each year). In 2007 I am leading pilot with three flown Eurocups. I took part in more than 50 competitions in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Italy, Poland, Germany, Austria and Slovenia winning most of them. This year I am taking part in cultural exchange program and I will be studying in South Park Pennsylvania. It would be great to have the opportunity to meet some aircombat pilots in USA [:)] .
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Kristian, Welcome!! Hope you enjoy your stay here. You'll find that although the classes and rules differ a bit here from ACES, we all still strive for the same thing, getting cuts and having fun!![:D]

Cash
montague

Post by montague »

That's just south of Pittsburgh. I don't know how much local combat is going on in that area, but there's not much on the calendar. However, if you can drive, there are contests in Ohio, about 3-4 hours by car from where you are.

And the AMA Nats was just a couple weeks ago, in Muncie, IN, which wouldn't be that far from you either.
Kami

Post by Kami »

I have one question. Can I use 40 MHz radio in USA ?
Kami

Post by Kami »

Sorry 35 MHz [8)]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Probably the best bet would be to email [url="mailto:skaluf@modelaircraft.org"]Steve Kaluf[/url] at AMA headquarters, who heads up both Competitions and Technical sections. His phone is (765) 287-1256 extension 230.
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Sorry, He can call the AMA but it won't make any difference, the FCC doesn't allow unlicensed transmitters in the 35mhz band for any purpose including r/c flying in the United States. The band that includes 35mhz is part of Business band and goverment voice communication services.
Kami

Post by Kami »

Thanks, I will buy Spektrum then.