LSN Demo

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Rabbit Leader

LSN Demo

Post by Rabbit Leader »

If you flew or watched the 3696 demo at the LSN, please post your impressions of the demo here-how the planes flew, how the combat looked to spectators, performance, etc..
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Cash, I watched it and found it very impressive. The planes flew very well, but without the motor sound some of the realism was missing. Warbirds should sound like warbirds.

Perhaps a couple of engine recordings playing over the spaker system would liven thingsw up[:D]

I did enjoy it and was impressed with the performance.
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Cajun, I should've flown My Macchi, as it has a gearbox and makes a neat "supercharger" whine...[:D]

Cash
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I`ll have to admit, I too was surprised by how quiet 7 of these things flying around were. I didn`t miss the noise much as a pilot, the action was great, but I don`t think that we attracted much attention without the racket.

Now, at an electric fly-in, that wouldn`t be the case. People don`t expect the noise, so they watch the flying. However, I did go to a large electric fly-in last Fall, and the Curtis biplane with the sound system was the hit of the show!!

Maybe we could add zooming WW2 aircraft sounds to the combat CD, maybe even with some machine gun sound effects. Then there would be automatic sound effects built into every heat. Hey, I`m serious.
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

I was very impressed with the way the Mustang flew (Thanks Lee!). I do think that smaller / more fragile streamers are going to be necessary. These planes just do not have the speed / inertia to cut regular streamers without a prop cut. I had at least 6 "drapes" during the 4 heats and I know most of the other pilots had quite a few also.

I agree that I missed the sound, but the "feel" was very good and I think this can /will become a popular class. Keep up the good work and I think, just maybe, this time you will be rewarded.

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”