3696 Kits Available?

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Alex Treneff

3696 Kits Available?

Post by Alex Treneff »

I was about ready to purchase a Lee Liddle 3696 kit yesterday but apparently they are no longer available.

Are there any other 3696 kits out there for those of us that want to try it but don't have any time to scratch build?

I want to try to have one ready to fly at the Mid-America Combat Championship (June 23) if they demo them after the meet.

Any kits out there?

Thanks.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Alex, I do have a few Mustang kits if you want one. I`ve temporarily taken them off of the Forum, because I don`t have much time right now. I have a lot of building to do before the nats, and work is busy. Let me know if you want one.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

The planes look nice! I have a couple of questions.

What is the completed airframe-only weight of each kit? I am wondering if I will have to buy new micro servos or be able to use spare HS-81MGs from SSC.

What is the typical finished weight, and how does it affect performance if they end up 2-3 or 4-5 ounces overweight? I might cover mine with towerkote.

Are you (and everyone else with a 3696) going to bring a couple to the Mid-America meet to put on a demo? I will try to have one ready to fly if you are.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Alex, I don`t know the airframe-only weight. The completed Mustang comes in at about 28oz with some armor. I use 3 servos that weigh 9g each. So that`s an oz of servos. If you use 3 81mg, that would weigh about 2.25oz. That`s an extra 1.25 for servos. I`ve flown beaters that weighed as much as 30 oz and they fly fine at that weight. I don`t see any reason that you couldn`t use the 81`s.

I plan on bringing one or two to your contest. I know that Pres. Bob L has one and I could let Bob Leone fly one of mine if he comes. If you have one, that would make 4. I don`t know of anyone else that would be there, but 4 would be good.

They really are great planes to fly. I`m glad that you`re interested.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Lee,

What is a cheap source for the grey packing tape you are covering the P-51 with? I have every color of tape but grey. Unfortunately, combat P-51's only came in silver!

The shipping cost was in the other thread that got erased, but I forgot already, what was the shipping cost for 1 or 2 kits?

They look like nice planes for combat, plus something that would easily fit in a small apartment at college, so I am considering picking one up and giving it a try.

Oh, what batteries are you using now?

Thanks!

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”