New Motor

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Rabbit Leader

New Motor

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Those of you who have been following this thread know that my outrunner of choice is the Great Planes Electrifly 35-36-1000 kv motor. It's rugged, reliable, and it needs minimal adjustment of the EPA to make 9000 rpm. I've had nothing but good power and reliabilty so far, and they always land cool, or at least ambient-however, they are a bit pricey at 59 bucks per, so I;ve been looking for a similar motor that costs less..I THINK I've found it.

United Hobbies sells a motor called the HXT 3536C. It has almost the same specs as the Electrifly, same weight, size, and the hardware package is similar, including the bolt on prop mount. When I bought mine, it was advertised as a 1000 kv motor, however, the web site now lists it as an 1100 kv motor. If you click on the specs, however, they say its has a variance of 10 percent. Hmmm..I've emailed tj=hem to get a clarification, as my tests show that this motor is very close indeed to the Electrifly.

The Electrifly will peak at about 9400 on a good charge, or a little less depending on your make of charger, as some chargers don't put as "hot" a charge on a battery as others. My RPM testing was done this afternoon, the charger was on of those that puts out a little hotter charge, the battery a Dualsky 1700, and the numbers looked like this.

RPM-9400 right off, after the peak was ran down it settled in at 9050-9100
AMPS-Started at 17.2, settled in at 15.8 to 16.2
I need to fly this motor some to get some more data, but the initial tests looked encouraging. This motor sells on United Hobbies site at 25 dollars and some change, takes about a week and a half normal airmail from United's warehouse..

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”