LiPo Cell Spy

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

LiPo Cell Spy

Post by Ed Kettler »

I found this little gem at the Denton Swap Meet today. You plug it into your balancing lead, and it will cycle through each of the cells to tell you the individual voltages. $12.99

http://www.commonsenserc.com/product_in ... cts_id=331
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Thats a handy tool.
Nice find, Ed.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Now that I have a better tool, I need to understand what it is telling me. What should be the the maximum variation between cells when it is "balanced"? I did have one battery that one cell about 0.1 volt lower than the other two, but let the Blinkie get them closer (0.04 volts), is that "good enough"?
boiler

Post by boiler »

I saw that at BP hobbies.
jpmorere

Post by jpmorere »

'Close Enough' depends on who you talk to, but 0.10V is definitely not there. The Blinkie seems to settle in at about 0.02 - 0.04V delta and many consider that to be barely sufficient, some say not close enough. Those want .005V or better!!. As long as it is used regularly, the Blinkie is close enough for me.

J.P.
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

The blinky seems to do a good job of balancing packs. I think that armed with a blinky and one of these cell spies, you'd really have to work to mess up a pack-(although if anyone did, it would probably be me..[:p])

Good find Ed, seems like we're all learning about the care and feeding of Lipo's together, and that's great!!

Cash
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Looks great Ed, I ordered one, sure is a lot easier then trying to do it with a multimeter.

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”