3696 at SEFF!

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

crash_out

3696 at SEFF!

Post by crash_out »

I'm not sure if any of you guys make it to SEFF in Americus, GA, but if you do bring out some 3696! I'm going to be there with a few of mine, as well as a few kits and ARF's for sale.

If you've never been, I recommend going, it's a site to behold. If nothing else you'll get to see mac Hodges routine with his giant bomber do some amazing flying, as well as the other demo flights.

Information on the event can be found at http://www.koolflightsystems.com/SEFF/seff.htm and I will try to answer any questions I can on here. If enough guys can make it, we might be able to talk them into letting us fly a couple of rounds at some point-they are usually pretty open to things like that. If interest grows, and some preplanning can be done for next year, we might be able to get a good demo show in with the other demos.
boiler

Post by boiler »

Sounds like a good idea Nick. I remember when Lou held the Dixie Nats on Memorial day weekend at Mac's field. Mac tied on a streamer and flew the great ship for a great show during the lunch break. He also gave guys flights in his J3 cub.
mad

Post by mad »

I don't know if you know this Bob but Mac's brother was giving rides in the cub last year and had an engine failure and crashed. The rider wasn't hurt to bad but Mac's brother was gravely injured. I haven't heard any updates in three or four months.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

eek, I hadn't heard that. The past couple of years I've been camped right next to the cub.
mad

Post by mad »

mad

Post by mad »

Found this on Mac's websight.

01/30/2007

Greetings From Hodges Hobbies;

Billy Update: Billy is making progress, albeit slowly. He is going to work everyday, driving wherever he wants to go, doesn't use his walker anymore. Moves slowly, still has aches and pains, but getting better every week. He came by today and can now move both wrists some. A couple of weeks ago he could move his left wrist a little and the right none at all. Today he could move the left wrist quite a ways and the right a small amount. Very encouraging!

See you Saturday, Mac
boiler

Post by boiler »

I received regular updates until a month or so ago Michael. Everyone is so grateful for Billy's recovery.

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”