3696 rc planes

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Sniper

3696 rc planes

Post by Sniper »

see cool planes
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

I have two 3696's a p51 and another p51.
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

They both have a 480 on them and spectrum
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Let's see some pictures
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Where are you located? Have you flown any combat?

I have the 480 1020kv motor on a Zero, and it runs right at 9k. Very solid but comparatively expensive.
Team Scharnell Pit Crew

Post by Team Scharnell Pit Crew »

Hello Gilbert & Ed,

Looks like my son, call-sign Sniper (RCCA #892), got the bright idea to commandeer a User Name: PhillipsRC, that I used once last year - of course, being a kid, he didn't tell me about this!

Sniper is in his second season of 3696 combat. I have some pictures of his airplanes and awards and will post them via the RCCA Gallery - just as soon as I figure out how to do that!

Both of his airplanes are P-51 series. Both airplanes were built by the folks at Air Scharnell. The original one was built last year by Rhyno and covered by Jan. It was "restored" this Spring by Frank. The second P-51 was built and covered by James. They all did an excellent job!

Both airplanes weigh 27 - 28 oz. E-Flite 480s are the motors. Castle Creations Phoenix 45 ESCs are onboard. Batteries are various flavors of 2100 mAh 3S li-pos. Spektrum 6100 series DSM2 receivers for control.

I think that the "first generation" 3696 models have held up well through the wear and tear of combat (even a mid-air!), and I look forward to seeing Sniper fly some of the "next generation" 3696 models.

He does, however, have an Avenger Open B airplane sitting in a box waiting for him though...

I will post those pictures when I can. Sorry for any confusion as to who started this thread!

Best,

Ray
Team Scharnell Pit Crew

Okay - just a follow-up. The User Name, PhillipsRC, was changed to: Sniper.
Quad

Post by Quad »

Lol, Chirs your daddy's gonna get you for this, whether your in the air at the same time or not...8-)....but either way you did get Ed and Gil's Attention. Both very Fine Gentleman from Texas, and very good pilots.

Besides......all the confusion...Chris is a very good 3696 pilot, I know cause His father and I have been watching him win almost every event here in Colorado.

Ray, Did you notice the ATM joke...I like it...it is a real good one....
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

hi quad, my dad told me i could say hi
Team Scharnell Pit Crew

Hey Quad,

I did the "signature block" for Chris - just wanted to remind him that I don't print money during my spare time!...

Also, I have to either be near the computer, or on the phone with him at the time, when he replies to Forum messages. He's on RCCA Forum - PROBATION!...
Team Scharnell Pit Crew

BTW Gil and Ed,

Quad is Sniper's coach. They BOTH have iPods hanging from their ears when they are out there tangling with the 3696 "fur balls!"

Quad has been doing an awesome job of mentoring Chris. Well, er, except for the part about "smack talking!"
Quad

Post by Quad »

But Ray,

What is Combat without a little motivator?....

Hi Chris, too bad your on probation, that's ok though, I got a suprise for you this weekend, I think you'll like it....Muh ha ha ha!

Ray I wish I could print Money, I'd give you some...Combat funds are drawing short lately...lol
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Quad,knows what ATM stands for???
Whats not in DADS pocket...[;)]
Team Scharnell Pit Crew

Chris and I had a good time at "practice" today. Thanks Scharnells.
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Your Welcome Ray...[;)]
SNiper better eat his WHEATIES for Saturday...[}:)]
Mustang mauling of streamers awaits...[:p]

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”