3696 Rules

You got a cool electric WWII combat rig? This is the place to show it off!

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

3696 Rules

Post by Dane McGee »

Where can I find up to date rules for 3696?
THend

Post by THend »

Anything "rules" related should be in the members only section.

So you are actually asking about "guidelines"....[;)]

I am interested as well BTW as I have begun to venture into "E"...
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

http://www.rccombat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12429

This is the closest thing there is to rules right now, I believe. At least this is what all my planes adhere to. I think the only change that might not be listed in there is that twins may use either a 7x6 or 8x6 prop.
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Thanks guys[:D]
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Hey Nick, yep you`re right, that`s it. So far the "guide-lines are working well and haven`t needed any mods.

Welcome to e-combat Terry and Dane. Enjoy.

Terry, did you ever get that E-Mako workin`? If you`ve got any questions let me know

Dane, you`ve got mail.
THend

Post by THend »

The E-Mako should be ready soon. I got the Eagle Tree system working now, and it is very cool. I plan on using it to monitor the E-Mako in flight.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

wow Terry an E-mako? that should be cool. with the sound problems they are having, Gary O should be pushing that one.
cosmo64

Post by cosmo64 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by draftman1</i>
<br />wow Terry an E-mako? that should be cool. with the sound problems they are having, Gary O should be pushing that one.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Andy - Have Gary give me a e-mail (plnfix@aol.com) about his sound issues. My club (temecula valley flyers) went through a big thing last year of which sound was one. Our current DB level is 92 and we can only operate gas between 9-1 and No Sundays. I have alot of info on DB levels etc.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Thanks Glen, they are in the same boat you are, they have been battling it out with the homeowners also. lawsuits and stuff. I will forward your email. thanks
THend

Post by THend »

Just because it is E powered doesn't make it quiet. The loudest plane I ever heard was an E plane.. It was also super super fast.
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by THend</i>
<br />Just because it is E powered doesn't make it quiet. The loudest plane I ever heard was an E plane.. It was also super super fast.

There's been a couple of good articles in MA in the past year or so discussing prop noise and the 130 rule. Just make sure your prop doesn't break the sound barrier -- of course, what's the fun in that! [:D]
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Y'know, if it's not noise, then it's safety, or "we need that space for a soccer/football/baseball/rugby/whatever field"..sick of it. People in this country seem to have it in for aeromodelling. I know other countries have sound issues, I was in Germany in the early 90's, they had "quiet hours", in which you flew e or dsailplane, but I've NEVER heard the b****ing and complaining I do here. Wish I had the money to move into one of those subdivisions, I'd buy myself an old rat-rod with a blueprinted, bored, stroked flathead with lakes pipes and uncork that sucker around 2 am...[}:)]
Cash
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rabbit Leader</i>
<br />Y'know, if it's not noise, then it's safety, or "we need that space for a soccer/football/baseball/rugby/whatever field"..sick of it. People in this country seem to have it in for aeromodelling. I know other countries have sound issues, I was in Germany in the early 90's, they had "quiet hours", in which you flew e or dsailplane, but I've NEVER heard the b****ing and complaining I do here. Wish I had the money to move into one of those subdivisions, I'd buy myself an old rat-rod with a blueprinted, bored, stroked flathead with lakes pipes and uncork that sucker around 2 am...[}:)]
Cash

I know what you mean, Cash. I heard on the news the other day some guy in california decided he wanted to put up solar panels...the idiot put them up under a neighbors redwood trees, then sued them for the trees blocking his panels...Hello? If there's trees there, don't build a f$%@&!*% solar panel underneath it.

Of course, he won. It only shows the path our country is heading down...

Return to “Electric WWII Fighters”