Electric Connector Tests

What's a Watt? What's a Brushless? How many Watts are in a HorsePower? Help a clueless pilot out by posting your P=E*I Knowledge here!

Moderator: hbartel

tiger_musky

Electric Connector Tests

Post by tiger_musky »

While walking through Home Depot yesterday I spent some time looking over the various wire connectors (mostly the crimp style). I know everyone reccommends the Dean's connectors for connecting up various electrical components, but has anyone done any experimentation with their amp/voltage meter to acutually quantify if the more readily available and cheaper connectors actually significantly decrease performance. It would be nice if a cheaper and commonly available connector would surfice.

Just tryin' to save a buck,

Nate
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

There are dean knock offs that seem to work well they are available here http://www.gorillabobsshack.com/catalog ... ucts_id=41 $10 for 5 male and 5 female.

I also like using deans as most everyone else does, that way you can use someone else's charger or battery on occasion.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

These are fully compatible with Dean's?
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Yep. I started with real deans when I first started in electrics, but have been using these for quite a while with no problems.

I am sure they probably have a slightly higher resistance, but that really does not seem to be a factor for our application. If you were running a pylon racer, then that would be a different story

Return to “All About Electrics”