What Electric Gizmos you take to the Events

What's a Watt? What's a Brushless? How many Watts are in a HorsePower? Help a clueless pilot out by posting your P=E*I Knowledge here!

Moderator: hbartel

o1moregil

What Electric Gizmos you take to the Events

Post by o1moregil »

what do guys take to the combat meets as far as cheking voltage/amps?
do you guys take a big car battery to charge lipos?
how many batteries for how many plans?
how many extra batteries?
<u>Model/names of the gizmos you take will be apriciated.</u>

[:I]sorry to ask this much but I dont know jack about Electrics[:I]

Gil
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by o1moregil</i>
<br />
how many batteries for how many plans?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
how many batteries for how many planes?[:o)][:I]
I couldnt go back and edit[:I]
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I take a car battery for charging if I anticipate heavy use, otherwise I use the car itself. I have at least three batteries for every class...for something like SSC or 2548 where I use 2 packs per plane, I'll have 6 total. I have 4 chargers, capable of charging 7 batteries at once. 2 of my chargers are FMA Cellpros, and can charge 4 packs at once in less than 30 minutes. I also carry an extra TX battery, just in case.

My key is that all of my planes-3696, 2548, and SSC use 3s2200...SSC uses 2 in parallel, and 2548 uses 2 3s packs in series. So I won't have dedicated packs to one class, just a bucket to pick from. I have about 12 total Zippy 2200mah 3s packs.

I try to have 2 flight ready for each class, with one extrra airframe I can outfit with salvaged gear from the other 2 if I need. I also generally have a box of extra ESC's just in case.

I always have my aluminum case that has a multitude of various charge leads, aligator clips with banana jacks. Velcro'd in there are 2 Astro Flight Blinky balancers, 2 tachometers, an Astro Flight wattmeter, and an infrared temp guage. I might also have a multimeter in there. I've got a splitter that turns one pair of banana jacks into 6. I haven't gotten one yet, but I intend to get a butane or battery powered soldering iron, solder, flux, and heat shrink, just in case. And a utlitiy lighter.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

Thanks Nick!
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Hey Nick, how long would a small 12v 7amh battery last charging 2200mah lipo's with say a triton or a polycharge 4?
Will I be outta juice after a few charges?

Just checking to see if I need to start bringing a deep cell boat battery. This will be my first experience with e combat, so any advice is helpful.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

Let's see, I've got a buddy that uses a GP E-flightbox, it has 2 of the 7ah hobby batteries. I think he can recharge about 5 or 6 before they start getting low, but he rarely uses more than 1300mah in one flight...

For 3696 levels, you won't use but maybe about 1500 mah in a heat, so you could actually probably recharge about 3 times...you might be able to get 4.

Return to “All About Electrics”