baghdad r/c

Topics of discussion for service men and women who kick serious butt on a global scale in RC combat.

Moderator: hbartel

Don Pruitt

Post by Don Pruitt »

<font face="Arial">Lee,
Just talked with Lou and he said that in his conversations with Ed he thought that you might be able to get basicly the same deal in the local Dallas area. If you can, then that might be the simplest route. If it doesn't work out like that,let me know and I will see what I can do over here. I didn't realize that you were going to do the equipment installation as well. What a man! They probably will need some spare parts and glue as well. Maybe some hard points for mounting some M80's (fire crackers)in case they want to make fighter bombers out of them. </font id="Arial">
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Don,

I'll be picking up for Lou on this project, at least as far as getting the equipment. Yes I discussed with Lou using local hobby shops in Dallas as a possible source for equipment but that's not to say that I wouldn't appreciate you working with the Atlanta hobby shop if I can't get what we need here locally.

Lee,

I left you a voicemail on this. So get back with me and we'll work out the equipment requirements.

Don/Lee

Let's continue this via email or phone.

Thanks,

Roy
Sec/Treaurer
Don Pruitt

Post by Don Pruitt »

<font face="Arial">Lee, Roy,
Ok, email it is.</font id="Arial">
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Lee, the kids and I could put together streamers, can you give me specifics on material, and any special techniques for "rolling"? Sorry, have not been following this thread so hope i'm not too late, if we can help, lemme know.
JGrizzle

Post by JGrizzle »

Any update on this subject?
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Roy found another source for the motors that Balsa Products sells as the BP-21 and has ordered 6 combos including the speed controls. This has been the main hold up. I will on show the folks at Paris an example of a complete plane RTF, like we will send to Bagdad. Do some demo flights and let others fly it, for a "donation". Then, shortly after Paris, they will be ready to ship.
Bad Dawg

Post by Bad Dawg »

What is the status of this project?
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Mark,

The current information is in the thread http://www.rccombat.com/forum/topic.asp ... ms=baghdad

If the wind dies down this weekend we will get the test flights completed on the first two planes. The other planes are in various states of getting their equipment installed, and the last of the parts are showing up.

Ed

Return to “RC Combat In The Military”