help! need some battery suggestions

Want to discuss OPEN electric combat items? Come on in! This is the place.

Moderator: hbartel

slam

help! need some battery suggestions

Post by slam »

i have been waiting for hobbycity to get these batteries in stock again but it doesn't look good.

these sold for $26. i was going to use one in my 3696 and 2 in parallel for my ssc plane (kill 2 birds with one size battery).

any suggestions?

also lee suggested these for open b. i have a couple but need some more. again they are out and it doesn't look good. these sold for $40.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

slam
Uh-Oh

Post by Uh-Oh »

I have four of these Zippy 20C 3S 2200's ( http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... oduct=6306 ) that are absolutely rock solid. I've been getting right at the rated capacity every flight. I'm not using them in combat but I am running them 'till the ESC cuts me off. If the C rating will work with your B ships, I think you'll like 'em. Of course they're out at the moment but that's somewhat normal.

I'm in the same boat as you with the L-M 1800's. The rumor is that Loong Max wont be back. It's a shame too. These have been good ones as well.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Now that Loong Max has a reputation for good cells they`ll probably look for distribtors that can get them better prices.

Slam, I`ve ordered a bunch of these. One for 3696 and two in parallel for SSC (great minds think alike.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... oduct=6451

I`ve just gotten some of them in and most of them were well ballanced (8 out of 10 were dead on). They are labled as 20c, but I`d say that they are 15c. As long as they don`t puff they will be plenty of battery for 3696 and SSC.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

This morning they showed over 200 of them and now they are out of stock. I just got an e-mail yesterday saying that they have about 1200 of them at this price, so check back often to see when they come back to stock.

I think they only show a couple of hundred at a time so that when stock gets low, people buy them quicker.