Indoor E-Combat

Here's the place to talk about "Light" electric combat limited to Open designs with brushed motors.

Moderator: hbartel

jj

Indoor E-Combat

Post by jj »

Not sure why Top Gun Tom Neff hasn't posted anything about this, but we are giving indoor, cheap, light E-Combat a try this Friday night in Colorado. Just using small foam board airplanes.

I've found that the $16 motor / speed controller combo from RCHotDeals.com works just fine for these light weight planes.

Should have a report on the event by this Sat.
boiler

Post by boiler »

Looking forward to the report jj. The foam planes are used for 3D stuff in our gym but we have many more new flyers with slow sticks. To keep everything equal the slow sticks work well. If yoy soup them up drastically, you run into the walls,ceiling, and backboards.
RH

Post by RH »

What are you bringing, jj?

Here's one of, hopefully, a couple I'll be bringing [:D]

r
jj

Post by jj »

Now that just too darn purdy RH. Scuse my southern speak.

I'm bringing three fairly ugly planes. A Neff design FW, a P51 and well..... how could I not build a P40.[:D]

I figure I'll fancy up the one that survives.

Vic would have shown up as well, but he is off in Toledo getting checked out for flying a Citation business jet. combat is fun, but I'm sure that flying a business jet at 40,000 ft is even more fun.
RH

Post by RH »

Well jj, all that darn purdy paper is just too darn heavy for these little indoor rigs. Test flew yesterday and wound up crashing and rebuilding and abandoning the purdy paper. Now it's just a blue core Mustang and my tried and true Slow Stick for in-between round times.

Hey Bob, try chopping the throttle as you input the rudder on your souped up slow sticks to keep them off the walls. Chop throttle-full rudder-blast throttle is what makes mine turn real good [}:)]

r
boiler

Post by boiler »

I only use the $15 outrunner set up from rchotdeals.com and a 2s lipo. It has more that enough power. One of the guys ran a much higher powered set up and took home scraps. He also took home three totaled helis.[;)]
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

jj , Vic send me a picture of that jet, its freak'n awsome!!
jj

Post by jj »

I'll post info about the event in the Debrief forum.

Vic has a pic of the plane somewhere. I'm sure he'll post it or send it to you. It is very cool.
jj

Post by jj »

Lee,

Have any Osamma Bombers layin around?

Seems that might be a real good indoor combat platform.
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TwistedProp</i>
<br />We're havin' some fun with these 'lil 4 oz fellas...should have 6 of them next Sat combatin`....hard to get a cut with mid-mounted motor but it can be done...very durable also..all made of EPP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdPJXX6zxhs&eurl=
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><font size="2">You know, with the limited speed, EPP construction, and the buried prop, why don't you skip the streamer and go for full-contact combat, like the slope combat guys do? Whichever stays up after the contact gets the "kill".</font id="size2">
TwistedProp

Post by TwistedProp »

we were doing full contact...but the streamers are cool too...it's still full contact with streamers....[8D]

Return to “"Light" Electric Combat”