Park Flier Combat

Here's the place to talk about "Light" electric combat limited to Open designs with brushed motors.

Moderator: hbartel

tmelton

Post by tmelton »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheKid</i>
<br />More weight, less power, greater turning radii. That would be the best way to limit a furball
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes I think that is the equation for sure. I think the planes we have are a good match for playing some light park flier combat. They are not to fast and are not a 3D bird either. I am going to use the 1100 KV motor setup that was recomended for the 3696. It seems like it should be a good fit and if its not I will have a motor for 3696. We will see.
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

Hey here are some pictures of the MS Composit p-51 with a 3696 size motor in it. It also has a set of coro tail feathers, bigger linkages, and lotsa carbon fiber. It flies like a dream after all the mods. Notice he is holding it by the wing and supporting the weight of that 2100mah battery. You can't do that with a normal flat foamie.

tmelton

Post by tmelton »

The foamie combat was a kick. Very fun! It was such an easy low stress all fun form of combat. It was like a much slower SSC. All of the planes were pretty well matched. Tim's was faster but I don't think the little bit of power mattered much. There were no mid-airs in the one round we flew and there were two cuts. I think the first cut was a prop cut. It was so quiet that you could hear the prop cutting up the streamer. We managed to get the spectators envolved with all the normal ooooos & ahhhhs. I think eveyone liked it pretty well.

Return to “"Light" Electric Combat”