SSC with or without Electrics

Forum for AMA Contest Board rules change proposal discussion

Moderator: hbartel

Lou Melancon

SSC with or without Electrics

Post by Lou Melancon »

<font size="3"><font face="Arial">March 15th was the date for cross proposals. The only thing that changed is that during conversations with Ed Kettler, proposer of making SSC an AMA class we discussed his inclusion of the electric option in his proposal.

I told Ed that based on my reading of the committee getting his proposal passed with electric included would be an uphill battle. He asked if we could vote with electric and without. Although this is not specifically in the procedures I think we can do it.

Please advise on the following questions:

<ul><li>I do not plan to vote "yes" on SSC in any event. </li><li>I plan to vote "yes" on SSC with glow only, not electric </li><li>I plan to vote "yes" on SSC with both glow and electric.
</li></ul>

Once I get your comments either via email or on the Board forum we can modify Ed's proposal or not depending on how you vote. </font id="Arial"> </font id="size3">
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

I plan to vote YES with glow and electric. My district is pretty evenly split between yes and no. The reason I am voting yes is that history has shown there are very few fliers who will move from glow to electric and no new members have joined since the waiver to allow electrics in SSC was initiated. In other words it really makes no difference based on historic evidence.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I plan to vote "yes" on SSC with glow only, not electric

I don't think we are ready to include electric in SSC
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Thank you Mike. George Hartman will also vote "yes" on glow only. Bob Wallace is still considering the proposition. I am looking forward to all the other members weighing in on this question.
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

I plan to vote yes on glow and electric
Yankee Samurai

Post by Yankee Samurai »

My thoughts are for SSC glow only.
RH

Post by RH »

Glow and electric is my plan.
Pathous

Post by Pathous »

Glow and electric here
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Thanks guys for your input. Waiting on Bob, Kirk, Rick and Andy to weigh in with their opionions.
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Are we going to need to give Andy a "dope slap" this time around to make sure he votes? [:)]
montague

Post by montague »

I'm undecided. Electrics as they are now in SSC have not been a disruptive force. However, I can see some potential problems in the future if someone had the resources to do the R&D.

(btw, it's moot now, but the deadline for cross proposals was March 1st. I thought it was the 15th, and I was going to send a few in on the scale stuff for details I didn't get quite right, but when I talked to the folks at the AMA, I was told the deadline was the 1st. Since I was talking to them just after the 1st...)
Bobwrc

Post by Bobwrc »

I lean towards voting for acceptance of SSS as a glo powered only event.
There are to many unknowns related to properly wording the rules regarding electric power, and not allowing it to gain a distinct advantage, as electric power technology rapidly improves.
Bob Wallace
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Roy,
Yep, I will call Andy.
montague

Post by montague »

Just to clarify, I think it's important that SSC get voted into the rulebook in some form. So I'll go with whichever version makes that happen.

It's picking between the two that I'm undecided on.

Return to “AMA Contest Board”