RCC-09-11 – Make SSC a Rule Book Event

Forum for AMA Contest Board rules change proposal discussion

Moderator: hbartel

Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I agree that electrics should establish itself as a separate class.

The advancements is electric power are extremely close or here. Several easy ones. You can restart an electric in the air. You can make a pusher design much easier. Speed controls are already coming out that lock in the RPM at a certain level. No sagging under load in hard maneuvers. Batteries are getting more powerful and smaller all the time.

There have been no workable suggestions to somehow compare IC with electric. I've given it a lot of thought as many others have. If there was any hope I would say advance this proposal but as it stands there doesn't appear to be any.
montague

Post by montague »

If you haven't voted already, you can vote for the proposal, then vote for a cross proposal to remove electrics from the class. And if the cross proposal fails, you can vote against the proposal in the final vote.

Remember, we are just in the initial round, there is a lot that can change and nothing is final here.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

To all,
Passing the December 15th date doesn't pass the proposal completely. At that point we have the opportunity to allow the author to agree with removing certain provisions or modifying them.

I think throwing SSC out on the initial vote is akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I urge that we not make a final decision yet and instead see if the proposal can be made workable for the vote after this one.
montague

Post by montague »

Like Lou said.

This is an INITIAL vote. NOT the final vote. There's a long way to go in the process, and plnety of time to change proposals.

That's the point of the process. If you find yourself saying "I'd vote for this, but for one thing..." then you should vote "yes" in the first round, and cross-propose. That's what the system is for. IF you don't like the result, then vote NO in the final round.

The only time you vote NO in the first round is if you think "there is no way in heck that this will work, no matter what we do to tweak it".

Return to “AMA Contest Board”