New to combat

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

I use a FFC and consider it mandatory if you use 300-400 mah batteries. this is not a foolproof system! I once had an ususual string of good luck at the Spring Havoc over Hamilton, Brian and i were flying the same plane and we were flying continuous back-to-back heats, no midairs (!!! Kirk must not have been there as we ALWAYS midar with Kirk!), and in the frenzy I COMPLETELY forgot about the FFC! About 2/3 of the way thru the 8th heat the plane flew, I pancaked it in, with the couple of minutes left in the heat with nothing to do, it suddenly dawned on me that I had not charged the battery- when I retrieved the plane, the battery was totally depleted! I tried to claim that the dead battery caused my crash, but no one who saw it was convinced (neither was I but it was wirth a try)! So, based on this, 7 heats could POTENTIALLY be flown by a fully-charged 300mah Nimh battery. I would not want to go more than three or four without charging, though!!!! WIth my Triton, I never see even 200 mah on the charge input display, but it makes me feel better to top off. with 700, I would think you could fly all day!
Advent

Post by Advent »

I use 700 Mha Nickle Metal AAA cells in my 3 servo spads
and they are very light.
MLaBoyteaux

Post by MLaBoyteaux »

Testing 123