Gnat combat

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mark s</i>
<br />I have a bunch of 2ml coro! What size do you want and I'll send you some.

Roid
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<font size="2">Mark,

The plans call for 4 mil coro. With only one piece of piano wire for wingspan support, I don't know that 2 mil will handle it.

BTW, center of gravity is critical on this "plane", as the way it sometimes flies inspired the website http://www.spadcombat.co.uk/spad/index. ... &Itemid=93, with the subtitle "Avoiding the Ground", since sometimes that's the best you can do with a Gnat. Note that this site does mention running a .25 on the Gnat. [:0]

Go with Geipel's recommendation of COG.</font id="size2">
boiler

Post by boiler »

Yikes. $20 for a 4x8 sheet of coro, that's as expensive as foam. I'd look for free Coke or Pepsi signs from a gas station.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

20 bucks is expensive, Im in the sign bizz and our price is 12 bucks for a 4x8 4 mil
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

You have to remember that Scott is the kind of guy that cant find a car to buy in Detriot...

There is a supply house in the Detroit area that will let you pick up 4 mm from thier whse for around 8 bucks a sheet. they have branches in Fort wayne and toledo areas as well. I cant lay my hand on the catalog today but i found them online and they were very helpful.

I just got a load of old citgo signs from the local stations that were changing logos. 3x6 sheets. If i find that info i will send it on to you Scott.
boiler

Post by boiler »

I just ordered a 50 piece case of 3x2 ft yellow 4 mill from Harbor Sales.net and got a better price than the same number of square feet in 4x8 ft sheets. With shipping included the cost of 32 sq ft is $9.44 which is half the cost of foam. Of course FREE is always the best price.[;)]
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

SMA, Captain. You have to remember that most of the cars for sale in Detroit have hot titles, and with the road salt, they are mostly clapped out. Which makes them suitable for "Sunday go-to-meetin'" cars for Ohioans.
boiler

Post by boiler »

Scott a lot of winning cars are built in Ohio and we have research tracks and facilities here. Michigan, well, just look at their football teams and you will know why the winners stay in Ohio.[:D][:D][:D][;)]
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boiler</i>
<br />Scott a lot of winning cars are built in Ohio and we have research tracks and facilities here. Michigan, well, just look at their football teams and you will know why the winners stay in Ohio.[:D][:D][:D][;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Bob,

<font size="2">You must have gone to bed early, last night. For a restfull night's sleep, you should do the same tonight when Wisconsin plays Ohio State in basketball. </font id="size2">[;)][:D]
boiler

Post by boiler »

I did go to sleep after the 3rd quarter. 59 days without a game really did a number on them. Michigan wasn't off that long before they embarssed themselvs in CA. I'm glad Wisconsin and Penn State won their games. I was 2 of three in sec vs big 10 bets with my son in law. I have a school board meeting tonight and may miss most of the game. If it's big 10, it will be good.