If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

montague

Post by montague »

Bob said it pretty darn well. Buying a Battle Axe kit will give you a really good starting point, and you can modify from there, a lot of guys in this area have been taking that approach, espeically with the SSC planes, but I don't know why it wouldn't work with B as well.

There are a lot of options out there, and frankly, there's a lot of people borrowing each other's ideas as well. I don't think anyone minds as long as you don't clone a kit and then start kitting it yourself. But taking design ideas from other planes and putting them together the way you want to is very common in combat.
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Thanks for all of the info guys. I am sure I will probably just use some of the proven materials for my fuse, But I really would like to find something new and improved yet readily available. I feel like such a freak. I have been eyeballing every piece of fencepost, aluminum channel, roadsigns, etc!!! I know I can't be alone in this strange obsession. Who the heck would think of making an airplane out of rain gutters and plastic signs for goodness sake?
Thanks Again.
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

Ted,

Here's a link to a tried and true build-along. Lou and friends have done a great job with the Georgia Gorilla, and it's (and it's predecessor) been the basis for many a SSC and B combat planes. The instructions are easy to follow and build a very nice plane.

http://www.georgiacombat.com/GeorgiaGor ... Index.html

Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Thanks Dave. Looks like some great info!
montague

Post by montague »

Ted,
The August contest in Bentonville, VA has beem moved from the 11th to the 25th.
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Thanks Kirk.
I have been testing my SSC plane to see what mods I need to make for open-B. I am going to post some questions in the SSC forum next. Thanks again. See you on the 25th!