RULES

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

raceralbert1

RULES

Post by raceralbert1 »

HI, NEW TO RCCA. ? WHY ARE THE RCCA SCORE SHEET DIFFRENT THAN THE AMA SCORE SHET?
DARRELL 895
boiler

Post by boiler »

They shouldn't be different. Any differences should have been fixed.
raceralbert1

Post by raceralbert1 »

I PULLED THE AMA SCORE SHEET OFF OF THE AMA WEB SITE AND IT IS DIFFRENT THAT THE RRCA SCORE SHEET.
DARRELL 895
boiler

Post by boiler »

After going to the AMA site I can see a format that I have never seen used. The sheets are esentially the same with the following differences.

Control check has been added to the RCCA scoresheet. As a safty measure, the judge is required to have the pilot demonstrate the control movement as being correct. Up-down, right-left are confirmed and not reversed. The top of the RCCA version also has a place to check what combat event the score sheet is for. Without that the tracking of a pilot's performance in different classes of combat would be very difficult.

Since the Carrier or spot landing points are optional and not used at most meets, the RCCA version doesn't include a space for it. We put that score at the end of the row when it is used. When it is used it is NOT used in calculating the National Points Standing (NPS) for a pilot. That is a system of determining who is the best pilot in RC Combat. It is only used for the scoring at that particular event.

The RCCA format gives more space for the judge to mark the scores.