Help with CDing first event

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

crash_out

Help with CDing first event

Post by crash_out »

Hey all, I'm considering heading up my first event next year (2548 scale, if it still exists)and need a little help. I've been to several events, but basically have no idea what I need to do, so anything anyone can offer will help!

Thanks!
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

K, I just now found the CD guide on the main page....reading now. Still will welcome any advice!
mad

Post by mad »

Where are you going to hold it Rick
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

The Sunday after the MidAmerica Combat Championships next year-this is effectively an extension of the SSC event, making the entire event a 2 day, 2 class event. The SSC meet is June 20th, making the 2548 event on sunday, June 21st.

http://www.rccombat.com/events/event_De ... dEvent=650
mad

Post by mad »

sounds good to me, would love to fly a little scale.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I spoke with several attendees, and they all agreed there would be a better turn out with a 2 class event. I myself have always wanted to fly scale, and I thought this would be an excellent chance.
boiler

Post by boiler »

Good idea. I will stay for another day.[:)]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

First, read the CD Guide, it has a lot of the collective wisdom of the CD community contained in a single source.

Bob, when you get a chance, you might want to have it updated/modularized so that the rules are current.

Secondly, don't wait until the night before to get prepared (ask me how I know!). Use the checklists, put the materials in a box, use the checklists, don't lose the box or put it where your significant other will move it, use the checklists,

Third, plan ahead. If you need to make streamers or order them, you need a couple of weeks lead time minimum. Also, get commitments from your club and members to help out. You need to get announcements out to the LHS and other clubs to draw visitors (potential cut counters and combat newbies)

Fourth, you are doing the right thing: asking questions!!!

Good luck. The heart of combat are the CDs. Without them, there wouldn't be combat.[:D]
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crash_out</i>
<br />The Sunday after the MidAmerica Combat Championships next year-this is effectively an extension of the SSC event, making the entire event a 2 day, 2 class event. The SSC meet is June 20th, making the 2548 event on sunday, June 21st.

http://www.rccombat.com/events/event_De ... dEvent=650
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Crash, Sounds interesting!! I'm not really a scale pilot but combat's combat....
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

The support sounds good. I'm actually going to be contacting a few people that were at the event this year to inquire what would be the class that would get more people to stay on sunday, or more to show up in general. I figure it's a toss up between Open B and 2548, so I'm probably going to base the actual event on the responses I get from everyone. I am partial to scale, and would really like to see it, being as there seem to be fewer scale meets than what I deem "Open" classes(SSC, open and limited B) but if I can get substantially more people to show up for B than 2548, then I will take that into consideration when planning an event.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

Thanks for all the help and advice guys, but I've just been informed I was out of line to even ettempt this, so that's that's.

Thanks again for the support!
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crash_out</i>
<br />Thanks for all the help and advice guys, but I've just been informed I was out of line to even ettempt this, so that's that's.

Thanks again for the support!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well Crash,

At least you tried. Not really sure what the problem is but maybe you can work it out? I do know it would have sure been fun to have a little more combat back in the GREAT state of Tennessee! I just can’t travel like I used to, so another contest close to home would have sure been NICE!

Seemed like a great idea…

Thanks for trying!!!!
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Since when is trying to hold a combat event out of line??? Don't give up too easily!!!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Club politics?
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

Essentially. I'll be flying in the field behind my house from now on...