Help with CDing first event

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

How big is that field?? Still sounds good...Combat's combat! [;)]
boiler

Post by boiler »

I just flew behind Doug Goldman's house for two days this weekend. Did it earlier this year and will do it again at the end of summer. Best meet outside of the NATS. Go for it.[;)]
mad

Post by mad »

Nick,

I think your idea is a good one. I made a similar offer to hold a 2548 contest here in the Nashville area the day after mid-America but was met with some resistance. So I didn't pursue it.

I also understand some clubs especially large active ones do not like to close there field for two days just for a few of us to come and play. We should absolutely respect that.

If I lived closer to Jackson, I would try to work with the Treneffs and find another club in the area that might be willing to host the second day. It would probably draw a few more pilots to their event and maybe enough would bring scale to make yours a success as well.
Its the one thing the north has shown us that works.
2 clubs close together, 2 contests, 1 weekend. Must have been a southerner involved in that somewhere.

Anyway, I wish you well in whatever you decide to do, and the inference of your last post doesn't stop you from coming and swapping streamers with us somewhere.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I'll be flying every event I can make it to, you guys aren't rid of me that easily!

Seriously though, I'm not a politics person. I don't play them. I'm going to try to drop it at that, and just end by saying there were other things that influenced my decision to leave.

As for holding at another field, that IS an option, and I think I will look into it. I was just a little skeptical that people would be willing to drive another 30 or so miles for another event...but then again, when you've already driven 200 plus, is another 30 going to matter? Hmm. I'll keep this in mind..
boiler

Post by boiler »

Only 200[?]
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

lol, I know you go farther than that alot more often than most of us, and so do some others. And it's a great feeling when I go to events somewhere I've never been and see some of the same smiling faces!
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Don't give up to easy, we split a weekend with Rick last year in dayton, 3 hours away. It was a stretch but in the end 90% of the guys did both events, for some it was a little more driving, others the second event was on the way home. That was certainly as far as I would stretch a weekend but I would not think twice about doubling up with Bob an hour and a half away to fill a weekend. I think most of those that travel are interested in as many rounds per dollar/mile as possible. If we had a big problem at our club, I would host it at my house or at the farm.

It is great to belong to a small club in a rural area where dont get into a lot of the typical BS.

Best of Luck
AIM

Post by AIM »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Captain America</i>
<br />

It is great to belong to a small club in a rural area where dont get into a lot of the typical BS.

Best of Luck
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That plus the fact that I am the Pres and you are the Vice Pres of our club.[;)]
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crash_out</i>
<br />I just now found the CD guide on the main page.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Where is this guide located? I've been looking all over the site and can't find it.