Joining the Site and YouTube embedding

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

Blue Note

Joining the Site and YouTube embedding

Post by Blue Note »

I may have been overlooking it, but how are new members supposed to join the forum. I have referred a few people here and have heard from all of them that they cannot figure out how they are to join the forum. All that I see is how to log in if you are already a member. Also, is there a way to embed YouTube or Vimeo videos in a thread posting so it doesn't have to just be a link that takes people off of the RCCA site?

Thanks,
Chris Gunter
East TN
RCCA #954
Donduck73

Re: Joining the Site and YouTube embedding

Post by Donduck73 »

Chris i posted a update to requesting access. You can see it on the main page. You must email me to request access.

I am working on some youtube code and let you know once i get it working.

Ok for everyone wanting to know how you can embed youtube videos here is the answer. When you post on the forum there is a youtube button click on that button and it will come up with a youtube code. Between the ][ you will place the section after the v= such as in this case http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbd2YjssVF8 you will only put the mbd2YjssVF8
Donald Grissom
RCCA# 722
RCCA Webmaster
[img]http://www.rccombat.com/images/rccombatsignature.jpg[/img]
Blue Note

Re: Joining the Site and YouTube embedding

Post by Blue Note »

Thanks Don,

I must have overlooked the update on the home page. I'll refer others to that when asked. Also, thanks for the YouTube info, I was afraid I was overlooking that too.
Chris Gunter
East TN
RCCA #954