OS 25FX turning 21,500 rpm !

Check here for the latest and greatest engine modifications.

Moderator: hbartel

gsjames

OS 25FX turning 21,500 rpm !

Post by gsjames »

Well, I’ve seen it all. Had a guy at the field today doing some testing on his combat plane. He’s running a stock OS .25FX with a APC 8x6 prop and a mousse can. He was turning around 17,500 when I approached him. Then he pulled out a rare earth magnet and bolted it across the bottom of the crankcase using the same mounting bolts from the engine lugs. I thought he was adding some nose weight. Upon re-cranking his engine and leaning it out his RPM had jumped to 21,750 and he could pinch 22,500!!! I was a bit skeptical so I picked up my digital tach and was reading the same as his.

Amazing! I asked him what he did and his reply was he was balancing the crankshaft lob reciprocating motion with the magnet thus making the piston appear lighter and increasing the RPM. What do you guys think? [?]
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gsjames</i>
<br />............... What do you guys think? [?]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

.........I think I need to order some rare earth magnets. Whats the dimensions?[:D]

April what??[:D]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Gary,

I think you should sell Dane some reciporical bearings to go in his OS 25FX. They work better than magnets

Ed
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ed Kettler</i>
<br />Gary,

I think you should sell Dane some reciporical bearings to go in his OS 25FX. They work better than magnets

Ed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

.........and I've kilt a Chupacabra, captured a Sasquatch, and was abducted by Aliens[;)]
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

And I ordered some "relative bearing grease" to decrease the friction too. Happy April 1st.

I hope you got a smile out of that, it is one of the better one's that I'd heard. Almost as good as the pylon racer who figured out how to re-pitch APC props and have them hold their shape... He started a near riot on the RC Universe Q-500 forum with that one. [:D]

BTW, I've been out at the WAMS field (a remote area) flying my @$$ off with the B ships for the last several days in the high wind. Nary a glitch or problem of any kind. I did it mostly to convince myself that the "problems" that I had at the GSW field were not 'completely' due to dumb thumbs. [B)]Hmmm. But I ordered an ASSAN 2.4 module and receivers to fit my Eclipse transmitter anyway in hope that it will solve the problem for the future. I have always had problems flying at GSW. I hate to blame it all of RF noise, but I know that I'm not THAT bad. See ya' in Sherman.