Alternative Engines?

Check here for the latest and greatest engine modifications.

Moderator: hbartel

montague

Re: Alternative Engines?

Post by montague »

Count me as someone who is really impressed with Magnum listening like they have been, and someone who's used their engines for quite a while, even if all my old Magnum .25XL and .28XL's are in storage at the moment.

But I'll also be quite happy if OS brings the FX back into production, at least for a while. That will really help with keeping spare parts available for that engine.
Kirk Montague Adams
RCCA 560
[url]http://www.MidAtlanticCombat.com[/url] - Combat in the Mid-Atlantic Region
lightning

Post by lightning »

boiler wrote:That video was shot at the Toledo show where they sold out of the Magnum 15 xls and carb inserts to combat pilots half way through the show. There was a lot of drool on the plexiglass case the 25 xls was sitting in. They said the 25 engine should be availabe for sale by June.
Bob, IIRC they sold out of 15XLS engines halfway through the first MORNING of the show!
Combat pilots cleaned them out in a hurry! Doug Goldman got the last three - he wanted four! He got their last set of carb inserts too
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

I've been able to accumulate quite a few practice runs with my GMS25 on stock muffler and carb in a Limited B config. Prepped as per my earlier posts. The engine has been very reliable- easy to start and needle, consistent engine run/needle setting, reliable throttle, no blown plugs. Excellent fuel economy and spews no oil out the front bearing or any other leak spot. Overall it has been a very reliable and pleasant, user-friendly engine. Power has not improved with additional running- i had hoped being chrome, it would get better with age. It still might, maybe it just takes longer than I am used to. Overall I would say that if someone had one of these and wanted to use it for Limited B it would do a competent job. Maybe if you fed it lots of nitro (i did not) you could get it up near the 14.5k max but mine has never gotten there. But it has enough power to get you in the air and have fun, and do it reliably.
Scott Gilkey
RCCA# 330