Custom Head For The .25FX w/Nelson Plug Video

Check here for the latest and greatest engine modifications.

Moderator: hbartel

o1moregil

Custom Head For The .25FX w/Nelson Plug Video

Post by o1moregil »

heres a video Bruce and I made last year, Bruce made all the machine work, he is purty talented machinist, this heads were done with manual machines (no cnc), he made a cuple of heads for me, there a copy of Dr. Evil's heads from Russia, We were trying to have them made at a local machine shop here in Midland, to try to market them but it was WAY to expensive, the guy drop the price to $1.00 per piece but we had to order one hundred thousand pcs [:0], guess they were to busy making stuff for the oilfield. Anybody here have access to a cnc machine shop?

Video:
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/o ... OMHEAD.flv
cosmo64

Post by cosmo64 »

Did the test get repeated with the glo igniter removed from the new head/plug design?
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

yes we did, and the rpms were still there, no difference.
cosmo64

Post by cosmo64 »

Gil,

I have a couple of buddies that have machine shops...Do you have the drawing file and if so what type?

Was this running on a bladder? and what type of venturi were you using? prop size?
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

o1moregil wrote:heres a video Bruce and I made last year, Bruce made all the machine work, he is purty talented machinist, this heads were done with manual machines (no cnc), he made a cuple of heads for me
All we need now is a source for 25FX's [xx(]

-= Dave
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

I think Bruce made a dxf. drawing, I need to make shure though.
Captain America

Re: Custom Head For The .25FX w/Nelson Plug Video

Post by Captain America »

I had a guy setup to run a bucket full of them on CNC screw machine as a favor, cost was going to be $2 each and we were just going to run a bar thru and have that many. Unfortunatly he sold that company shortly there after and we lost access to the machine. I know another guy with simular equipment, cant do it near as cheap but would quote it if I had a print to send him. He said remeasuring and drawing the part would be pretty time consuming for him. If you have a cad compatible drawing file I can check with him and see if he is still interested.

I still run mine on the open planes and love it, it would be nice to a couple more lying around!
Sean #838