Webra 25 head gaskets

Tell us what you do to get the best performance from your engines.

Moderator: hbartel

Hat Trick

Webra 25 head gaskets

Post by Hat Trick »

Anyone have a part number or source? I called Horizon who imports the engines and they could not find any part number for me.

Blowing plugs like crazy!

Thanks!
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Hat, I think that we talked about the need for gaskets at Paris, but I`ve never seen one. Your air up there must be really thick. I`m shure that you`ve tried dropping the Nitro and using very cold plugs like the MC-9 or the K&B-HP. These are two plugs that I`ve used with great success. I may blow one or two plugs if I put the engine in the air too soon, but I don`t blow many.

Is it just one engine or several? You may just have one that`s very tight and needs a much longer breakin than most. they do varry from engine to engine. When you get it broken in, it`ll be a good one.

Don`t fly it in Limited B, or I may get to buy it from ya for $100 LOL.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

There's probably no part number because I think these engines just don't come with a head gasket- every one I've pulled the head on has no gasket and that includes my one and only Webra .28. This makes it a challeng to adjust head clearance! Maybe another manufacturer's shims will work, the shim sets for the Magnum XL25 and 28 (two different sets, the 28 slightly larger ID) may be good candidates- cheap, easy to get with reasonable shipping charge, and they come with .002 and .004 shims in each set. I've only one one of Brian's webras so far, but that one has dozens of runs and it's never blown a plug. We've been using OS 8 and A3. Agree with Lee that the McCoy MC9 is excellent for resisting blowing in engines that like to eat plugs, only drawback is it is cold and often will not throttle/idle well. I suspect you may not be overcompressed- you might be going lean in the air from fuel foaming. Check your tank installation and prop balance. A quick check would be to go to a different size prop to shift your rpm range, i.e. try a 9x5. You might be hitting a sweet spot in the air with the 9x4 that just makes your fuel system foam like crazy, and shifting the rpm might reduce the foaming.