Bubbleless fuel tank LINER material?

Tell us what you do to get the best performance from your engines.

Moderator: hbartel

gsjames

Bubbleless fuel tank LINER material?

Post by gsjames »

I'm having fuel foaming problems in my B ships. The commercially available Bubbleless tanks from Jett and Cady look like they will be too long to fit on the front of a Battle Axe B. Thus, I will probably have to make my own. I have seen references to using baby bottle liners and latex balloons for the collapsible liner. I bought some 8 oz. bottle liners yesterday and I will make up a test tank. There is a party supply store in town, so I'll go look there for latex balloons.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for the non-pressure bladder liner material?

Thanks
boiler

Post by boiler »

I would suggest you stick with the liners. Latex does not hold up as well with nitro fuel.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

hey Gary, I sent you an email
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

Gary,

I tested the fuelworthiness of baby bottle liners a couple of years ago and they stood up well to standard fuels. Never did finish many tanks, tho.

-= Dave
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Almost any good plastic bag will work
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by draftman1</i>
<br />hey Gary, I sent you an email
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sorry Andy, I never got it.
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Ok its drafter93267@yahoo.com I have a bladder tank plan to send you
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

Draftman1 (Andy Erwin) sent me some nice pics on how to make your own bubbleless tanks. I made one up last night to test the technique. It seems to be a good method, except that it doesn't work well with a square, stepped DuBro 6 oz tank. I could only get about 2 1/2 oz in the DuBro tank because of the difference in shape between the liner and the container. It might work better with a rectangular bag or if I can find a round, short, fat bottle that will accommodate the baby bottle liner better. The Battle Axe B has limited room ahead of the wing. I'll go over to the LHS today and see what they have, and also take a look at The Container Store. Thanks, Andy!
Web-Pilot

Post by Web-Pilot »

Gary,

Go to your local beauty supply store and check out the bottles for hair color and such. It depends on how much room you have and if the bottles are short enough.

My $0.01 worth.

George
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

the sulivan 6 oz round tank is the best for that. if you find a better bottle, keep us posted