How do we create the unobtanium spar?

Here you'll find helpful hints on making your planes stronger.

Moderator: hbartel

Father O 5

Post by Father O 5 »

Ok. Now I have photos and need to know how to post them. There was a thread about getting a space in the RCCA gallary set up and then moving and posting the pictures from there. How does that get accomplished?
thojo

Post by thojo »

sanding is not as accurate as using a hotwire and templates. Impossible to get the same airfoil on both sides...
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Mike, either e-mail webmaster Roy Appleton or make the request on the soapbox and Roy will fix you up with gallery space.
Father O 5

Post by Father O 5 »

Thojo

I agree that they are not going to be as accurate but we shall see.........

Hoping to have the SSC 60" wing out this weekend to test flight. 1/12 Bf-109 foam fuselage. OS .15 engine. Don't have an all up weight yet as it is still going together.
Father O 5

Post by Father O 5 »

Here are some photos of my SSC wing being built. This is a 60" wing being built in two 30" halves. it tapers from 12" down to 6" at the wing tip.

http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/Micha ... es_001.jpg

This is a photo of the coro center of one half of the wing. It has been lightened with the large holes cut out of it.

http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/Micha ... es_003.jpg

This is a photo of the same wing from the top showing the exposed coro aileron.

I have finished this wing and it weighs in about 18-20 ozs. There is some math involved here because I am using an old school postal scale that will only measure 16 ozs. I am using one sevo in the center of the wing with a bellcrank about 12" out onto each panel. Still working on the fuselage and will post some more photos once done.
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Any new developments in the search for the un-obtanium spar?
How's the bailing strap working for you guys who use it?