SSC- Mid-America Combat Championship June 23, 2007

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

montague

Post by montague »

Ya know, I seriously want to come to this contest.

If it wasn't opposite my club's big yearly event, or if I had a CD running the event who wasn't as clueless as the guy doing it is, or if I wasn't club president and didn't feel obligated to make sure this thing isn't the train wreck I'm fearing it will be.... Sheesh. While you guys are having fun flying, I'll be stuck trying to keep a seriously under-planned event from being a total clusterf*&$!
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Ahhh, Come on Kirk!!

I'd be good to fly with ya again. If I can knock the rust off these old fingers, still see through these old tri-focals and IF my planes do ok I'm gona kick some butt! HeHeHe!![:D][:D] I'm looking forward to seeing as many of the old school combaters as I can in one trip! Leave that ole fun-fly stuff at home (Let someone else take care of it!) Come on down and fly some combat!!

MAD, Had a good time sat. looking forward to giving up as many ribbons as I can!

I'm not much on the SMACK talk guy's, but this old Hillbilly is coming for ya!![:(!][:D]

Hope to see EVERYONE soon!
cipoll717

Post by cipoll717 »

Last year, boiler and I came to Jackson, and had a great time. Really a bunch of great pilots and a nice field. They were even nice enough to give me a great looking 3rd place trophy, earned in hostile terror-itory in the name of the great Northern Union. I planned to come this year to defend my trophy, but unfortunately will have to let some other Yankee carry the load this time. I got hood-shanked into an un-timely & un-avoidable business trip to Europe, and will miss this year ;-( Y'all have a great time, get plenty of streamers and boiled peanuts, and watch out for them mosquitos!

Mark C.
Tim Treneff

Post by Tim Treneff »

Kirk,
You know if you don't come you'll before forever thinkin you could have beat all them guys (and gals). You'll be thinkin you should never have let the Tennesseeans take all the hardware from the Yankees, Texans and Georgians.

The latter group must be skeered as they sure clammed up. The "D's of death" must have died and too bad for the Yankees that Brian discovered girls (I have to tread lightly as Alex is close behind)!

Mark, Going to Europe? How lame is that? You might as well said my wife is sending me to the grocery store!

I just bought a copy of "Rocky Top" to charge up the Tennesseeans at the before event. I'll post the lyrics for you Georgia boys to learn. Oh,and I also got a copy of George Strait's "All the EX's live in Texas" for you Lone Star boys. I still need to find a CHEEZY song for Dr. Evil. I can't pick on the Buckeye's here since I was born a Buckeye except "Hang on Sloppy" is all you're planes will be doing.

Yankees fair warning: Dr. Evil will be no match for the Barracuda sporting his summer outfit![:D]

Time for the Barracuda to spell out the game plan!
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tim Treneff</i>
<br />Kirk,
The "D's of death" must have died and too bad for the Yankees that Brian discovered girls (I have to tread lightly as Alex is close behind)!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hey now... I'll be out for some test flying next weekend! Just have to wake up early before going in to work after dinner!

Oh, and I think we should replace "Rocky Top" with MTSU's fight song. [:D]
MRD

Post by MRD »

Hooter and Uh-Oh,

What happened to the mystery rookie dude ??
Uh-Oh

Post by Uh-Oh »

It's about time!

Ladies and gentlemen, from an internet connection deep within a fortified location near the WTRCF field, the Home Turf Defense Force's (Homey's for short) secret weapon has made his forum entrance! The <b>M</b>ystery <b>R</b>ookie <b>D</b>ude is in da house! This has now turned into a battle for 2nd place 'cause MRD is gonna take home the big trophy![:0]

Mark, you really don't need to go as far as Europe to avoid the spankin'! Hiding out under a rock in Pennsylvania for the weekend would be a lot cheaper. If it'll help, I can write you a "sick note" so you can get out of you trip.[:)]

Kirk, man, make the decision to go ahead and delegate the fly in to your clubs VP, take a couple of Tylenol and head this way! Even <i>IF</i> they burn the joint to the ground,,, it'll still have an open runway![:D]
montague

Post by montague »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Kirk, man, make the decision to go ahead and delegate the fly in to your clubs VP, take a couple of Tylenol and head this way! Even IF they burn the joint to the ground,,, it'll still have an open runway!

You've got a point there...

Ben, you and Chris Quinn showing up is a darn good reason to head that way, that's for sure.
mad

Post by mad »

ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO HELP SWAY YOU THIS WAY KIRK LET US KNOW.
mad

Post by mad »

Chris, Drew, and Slam Go ahead and get signed up and start a little smack. Its been so quiet north of the line I think they are all SKEERD.
Sure would be nice to get a little Gilkey ribbon. Come on Scott Bring that 10 year old prodigy down south and see how he fairs in Tn. Or maybe you could come down and see how you do.
Ron C. we haven't heard from you. Old school won't be the same.

And what old school combat would be the same without a representative from the wolfpack.

King Lou, Where are you.

<font size="3"><font color="red">Dateline Bon Aqua</font id="red"></font id="size3">
Went out to the field this evening for our club meeting. I brought my new BATTLE AXE and a couple ribbons. I tied one on my plane and took off in front of ole Ben who was getting in a few flights.
It took him about 30 seconds to get his first drape. by the time we ran the fuel out he had four drapes and one cut. After the meeting I did it again and he had four more drapes before we midaired. I think the sight of ribbons in the fired him up.

Lee and a couple others are supposed to bring there 3696 planes to show us in person these planes. Anyone else bringing some???
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hooter</i>
But mainly this post is to "The Dawg"...His Co-Pilot....and Darin Stevens....Ms. Hooter is planning the Menu....You guys need to come on down...you will not regret it!!!!

Hey Hooter, Mike and I are definately 'IN' for the lodging offer. I will try to get in touch with Darwin to find out if he really has the 'Nards' to leave the 'Babe Pool' for the weekend.
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Ben, you and Chris Quinn showing up is a darn good reason to head that way, that's for sure.
[/quote]

Kirk, Pack it on up, I promise your ribbon will be my first.[:D][:D][:D] I'd be great to fly with ya again![^]

Hat, I see you've added your name to the sign-up list.. MAD said he had talked to you and confirmed you'll be in the mix. Cool, can't wait to see ya again! I'm very rusty on the sticks but I can still poke and hope...[;)]

Bob,Lee,Hat when will you guys be coming in?? I'd like to have a brew or three, maybe something to eat the night before or the night after the contest. I'll just get a room in town before the drive home or come in the night before. What do you guys have planned?

MAD, The ribbon was a great idea. It just showed how long and how rusty I'll be! I guess it's been three years or so from last time I went after a ribbon. I'll tell ya this there will be "Sticky Stuff" on my wings for sure! Had a good time, THANKS for all the help!
Bob Leone

Post by Bob Leone »

Ben
I will talk to Lee to see what time he can leave. I will be ready tommorow. Can't wait
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Sounds good Bob, just let me know the "TEXAS" plan of attack and we'll go from there. Looking forward to seeing ya buddy!![8]
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Mark and I are planning on comeing down on friday. We should be able to leave early so we'll have some time for a couple test flights and will be up for some brew and some food friday night! Working hard on a few new planes sure to kick some rebel butt!

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”