SSC- Mid-America Combat Championship June 23, 2007

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

MAD, you saw right through my attempts to hide the fact that Brian, Eric, me, my wife, our dog, our dog's fleas, and all others are indeed SKEERED to come down to the land of red dirt and be spanked like catholic school kids by a bunch of rebs. I've seen it first hand, though it has been a long time, the memory is burned into my brain- the likes of Morrow, Quinn, DeWoody, Liddle, McGinnis, Stevens, along with others such as Pruitt, the Treneffs, Grissom, Handegard, etc get together and it becomes a berserk FRENZY which is bound to frighten pale Yankees to their bones! Schofield has an advantage, with his twang he can kind of "blend in" with the Reb crowd- so out of pure fear, he may try to claim he is actually southern. Doc Evil, on the other hand, will have a hard time blending in, due to his very conspicuous height, and lack of accent. So we'll have to rely on Doc to protect our northern virtue, since we are too skeeeeeeeeered to come down and try to do it ourselves. YOU CAUGHT US RED HANDED!

I'm sure you're right, this will be one heckuva meet! The only solution I can think of is all y'all will have to come to Muncie to give us a big ol' slice of humble pie in July!!!
watchyerback

Post by watchyerback »

I am sorry to inform everyone that wants to snack on my streamers but unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it to Jackson.

I haven't been home for an entire weekend in over a month and my candle is burning fast on both ends. I haven't even unpacked yet from moving into the new place.

I truly wish I could push some of the work off my chest at the moment but you know how it goes....Make hay while the sun is up!

As far as the Testosterone comments go (Hooter)! I am doing just fine! I have shed the training wheels and have regained my stride and sewing all the oats I can.

So I guess let the HOT AIR START flying in my direction.....
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

Hey Darin.......just a bit of advice.........don't eat the oats that you sew! That could be the chorus of a song played on the banjo near a river in Georgia....................see ya next time!!!!!!!!

Chris Quinn
slam

Post by slam »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Slam and the rest of the Florida guys have plenty of room in thier hotlel for those of you who like to cuddle!!!!!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

chris....the way you say that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. you're just trying to get on my good side.

i have already put 4 flights on one of my planes and might actually get the second one in the air before this event. that would be a new record for me.

if i actually have some flight time on my planes you guys better watch out.

slam
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

Looks like Im going to have to bail as well, My ssc stuff got pretty beat up last weekend in indy. Our home club is flying pylon sunday as well so I need to be there to support those guys as well.

I was hoping I could pull it all off in one weekend but with the repairs thown in to boot, it just is not going to happen for me.

Hope you guys have fun!
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Bunch of dang <font color="pink"><font size="4">wimps</font id="size4"></font id="pink">....... We ain't <font color="red"><font size="4">SKEERED</font id="size4"></font id="red">. Lock up the women and chillins, cause the <font color="red"><font size="4">DAWG</font id="size4"></font id="red"> is coming and I am <font color="red"><font size="4">Ready to Rumble</font id="size4"></font id="red">.

My crew chief, Mike, and I will roll in on Friday no later than 2pm to get in some trim out flights and to cast FEAR on all that dare to come near. .

Don G, Don P. and Dave E will be arriving around that time too. At least we will have 4 D's of Death from Gerogia.

Can't wait to see all my long lost Combat Bretheren.

Jimmy, Mike and I are in at your place and he will definately be bringing his swimming attire and I will be bringing a powerful thirst.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

OD, DeWoody, you gave me a pounding, now you gotta HAMMER Stevens, his excuses are WAY WIMPIER than mine were!!!

STEVENS IS A WEENIE!

Actually, you came up in conversation last weekend when we were at Indy- Roid instructed his son Peyton to come over and judge for Brian, but he told him to start pulling Brian's leg hairs after "start combat" was called. Which Payton did not do- instead, he watched Roid's plane the whole time, cheered for him, and told Brian that his dad was going to kick his butt. (Bob L. served as back-up judge). It was a hoot. Anyway, it brought to mind the time Brian was test flying at NATS and Darin came up, stood right in front of him, and blew a cloud of cigarrette smoke in his face while asking, "does that help?" Then there was also the time that Brian was trying desperately (and unsuccessfully) to chase down a target, Darin asked Brian if he wanted him to jam his thumb up his, well, you get the idea- which I thought was a very helpful offer..... Darin, you really bring a combat meet to life, it won't be the same without you!
Captain America

Post by Captain America »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dawg</i>
<br />Bunch of dang <font color="pink"><font size="4">wimps</font id="size4"></font id="pink">....... We ain't <font color="red"><font size="4">SKEERED</font id="size4"></font id="red">. Lock up the women and chillins, cause the <font color="red"><font size="4">DAWG</font id="size4"></font id="red"> is coming and I am <font color="red"><font size="4">Ready to Rumble</font id="size4"></font id="red">.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I was actually looking forward to coming down there and getting some of those easy streamers from you guys. My Atlanta scores prove that it is much easier to score on you guys than than Doc, Brian and Eric...
mad

Post by mad »

Scott I would but my mother told me never to match wits with an unarmed man
boiler

Post by boiler »

I've always said the Southern streamers taste like Southern fried chicken. Darrin's was always very tasty.[;)][}:)]
montague

Post by montague »

It sucks, but I can't make it this year. I'm totally bummed that the traditional weekend for this event is opposite the traditional weekend for my club's big fly-in.

Maybe next year. I might try to get the club here to change weekends, or I might just ditch the local event if I can get some other folks to handle things the day of. But not this year.
Uh-Oh

Post by Uh-Oh »

It would've been great to have you here Kirk. I don't get to travel to other events and I was hoping for a "Top Five Shootout"!

We'll see you next year.

5419 minutes untill START COMBAT!
watchyerback

Post by watchyerback »

Scott, I sure did enjoy playing with the "KID". But nothing seemed to get him frazzled except when you talk about the car he didn't have. But I am sure he has broken in the back seat of your Trailblazer by now with his Tuba! Or was it a Clarinette?[:p]

Bob, you know my strategy regarding my streamer...Take it! I fly faster without it! And I could usually get it back later in the round. But I am really going to miss you guys.

Heck you guys got Quinn to put down the skin flute and come down off the mountain![:0]

I wish the the D's of Death the best of luck and know they will hold the rest of you to the fire! Be sure to leave scorched earth, tattered planes and cut streamer in your wake! Leave them wondering...."Who were those masked MEN???"[:D]

DAWG...I hear the WHALE CHOMPIN'!
Tim Treneff

Post by Tim Treneff »

Dawg, Don't you think it's bout time for Darwin to remove the word "member" from his signature? Seems he hasn't flown since the dafeet to Big PINK![:D]
Uh-Oh

Post by Uh-Oh »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by watchyerback</i>
<br />I hear the WHALE CHOMPIN'!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I <i>was</i> trying to eat quietly.... Sorry.... I'll do better....

BEE'S ON METH!
BEE'S ON METH!

only 5331 minutes untill START COMBAT!

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”