6th Annual Hotlanta!

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Thanks for the offer, but I have a 44 amp hour battery that works just fine. It is a bit heavy, but not as heavy as your generator. However I think an airconditioned tent would go a long way in keeping me refreshed and on top of my Georgia/ Tennessee streamer eating game.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drewjet</i>
<br />Thanks for the offer, but I have a 44 amp hour battery that works just fine. It is a bit heavy, but not as heavy as your generator. However I think an airconditioned tent would go a long way in keeping me refreshed and on top of my Georgia/ Tennessee streamer eating game.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Bring one of those tents with 4 walls, a generator, and a window air conditioner and you'll have plenty of company!
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Come on guys......... <font color="red"><font size="5">Bring It</font id="size5"></font id="red">
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

Only 7 sign ups? Do you have 7 club judges on tap Don? I hope you won't have to slit us into heats of 3 or 4 pilots as the result of no club judges. Please advise on that status as I's sorry but I might not make the 10 hour drive if that's the case.

Of course you may still get more sign ups or show ups that don't sign on and all will be well.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by grasshpr</i>
<br />Only 7 sign ups? Do you have 7 club judges on tap Don? I hope you won't have to slit us into heats of 3 or 4 pilots as the result of no club judges. Please advise on that status as I's sorry but I might not make the 10 hour drive if that's the case.

Of course you may still get more sign ups or show ups that don't sign on and all will be well.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

This meet is 2 days before I start back at MTSU so I am debating just the same Chris. Jimmy from our club is going and if you, my dad and I come, that's still only 11, not enough for two heats. But where would we get 11 extra judges?
Donduck73

Post by Donduck73 »

Alex , I hope you and the Tenn Bunch come on down and "Volunteer" some streamers for us. I was talking to Don and based on what I heard we have a few more members that may be flying. If we get your group we should end up with around 12 to 14 which would give us 2 rounds with a 6 or 7 per heat. Once we know how many are coming we will then check on the club judges if needed. It should be a great contest hopefully it will cool off and not be around 100. Thought this is HOTLANTA.
mad

Post by mad »

I'm still trying to work something out. And I think if I come Ole Ben would ride with me
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Michael,

Let me know.... Lota driving and combat'n for one day. Wanta stay Sat. night after the meet, head back sunday?

Could sure use another combat!!
Don Pruitt

Post by Don Pruitt »

Chris, Alex, Michael,
I appreciate your concerns; by the looks of the pre-registration this will be the lowest turnout that we have ever had for a contest. It makes it difficult for you to plan and it is difficult for me to plan as well for both for the short term and long term.

It is obvious that combat is on the decline in the southeast. There was a time a few years back when southeast was a hot bed of activity. The RCCA had about 300 members and flyers could go to 12-14 contest a year and never have to leave the 5 southeastern states. All contest were well attended.

But things have changed, there are no longer any contest in Jacksonville FL, Tuscaloosa AL or other GA. clubs. So far in 2007 there has 1 contest in Jackson TN, 2 in Loganville GA and 2 in FL. For continued success we need two things; CDs and clubs to host contest and flyers to participate. It is a symbiotic relationship; the loss of one dictates the loss of the other.

We always have a good number of club judges to help out and we can probably count on 6-8 on contest day. If you can make it we will be glad to see you again. If you can’t then I understand.
lightning

Post by lightning »

Don't despair Don, we (Michigan) just sent you some fresh meat in the form of Dan (Crash) Bateman.
Due to a change of job he has relocated to Athens GA.
Hotelling it until he finds a place to live so not sure if he will be getting any combat in this year but he has promised to get back into it next season.
I hear ya on registrations - we have 12 registered for our "Melee" on Aug 18/19. Last year we had 18. I think folks have just quit driving.
mad

Post by mad »

Wheres the faith Don, I see seven other ribbons in the air every heat. 16 total and will be a blast. maybe I will whip up an adjustable platform to stand on.
Ben, Will probably have to be a day trip. Ive done it a couple times and it is not a bad trip.
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Come on Mike and Ben, make the effort it will be rewarded.
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Drew,

I'm pretty sure we'll be there, it all depends on Michael being on call at work that weekend. He's pretty good at getting the weekends on call swapped around when needed.

Nothing I'd like more than being in Loganville the 25th chasing ribbons!

Not to mention getting a little better look and learning a little more about those "Electrons"!! [:D]

Mad, One day trip it is! If those dang Texas Boys can drive 12 hrs. back home after the Jackson contest with the HEAT we had that day, 5 hrs. don't sound that bad...
boiler

Post by boiler »

That's the spirit Ben. I wish I could go to the famous Hilltop myself but I'm hosting another meet on the same day. I had to use the date my club gave me. Next year I will be having a multiple day meet Memorial day weekend and won't have to miss any of Don's great events. I will also plan my wilderness trip better so I don't miss Doug's 4th of July event. The Southeast isn't dead yet. Some old pilots are rising from the grave. The D's of Death will take a spanking from TN and FL.[}:)]
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

Don P, don't feel like the Lone Ranger 'ole buddy, I know how frustrating it is trying to get guys to sign up. Our 2 day contest just after Hotlanta has a whopping 9 names on the roster.

Several are green but not one first timer, which means no new interest this time. I constantly troll for new blood, so hope to keep combat alive down here.

What makes my life harder as a cd is the veterans and skilled pilots that know the drill and just don't seem to be making the local contests a priority. All I can figure is they just don't have the drive to compete (and have fun while you're at it) any more.

Don't worry about me, (and Drew if I can speak for him), We'll be there regardless and make it work however we have to. The Hiltop club is a great host and I'm sure they'll do what they can to help us run the contest.

Return to “Upcoming event?!?”