Why SSC??

Any SSC class topic can be discussed here.

Moderator: hbartel

drewjet

Post by drewjet »

Keith I agree. If the .15LA was a .15FX I would probably still be running nitro.
combatgoblin

Post by combatgoblin »

I bought the Magnum .15XLS and this engine runs perfect I'll never go back to the O.S.L.A..15 engines.
tiger_musky

Post by tiger_musky »

Has anyone ran the Magnum .15 with bladder? If so, what were your results compared to the O.S. LA?

Nate
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

I have run them on bubbles tanks, hayes clunk tanks, and on bladders they run good on all, It likes the bladder more than the la though.
just run a 2 gallon per/h irragation dripper for regulating pressure from home depot
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

sometimes I wish we could all get together and raise the rpm limit to 18,000
tiger_musky

Post by tiger_musky »

Do you have a photo of what a 2 gallon per/h irragation dripper looks like? I don't even want to begin to explain it to one Home Depot's employees.

Nate
boiler

Post by boiler »

I have found the 1/2 gal per hour works better. It gives you more control on the needle. I have a bunch and can give you some if you want. I decided that I liked the convience of the clunk tank and quit working with badders. I could fill them and get them to needle well but really didn't like the full throttle all the time.
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

your right Bob I think it was the lowest gal per hour that I found, it might ta been the 1/2 gallon I bought

here a picture

o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

I had a cupple of them leak were the black part meets the green part, not all but just a few, I been using thin ca to fix this problem.
you can find them in home depot on the pvc section pack of 5 purty cheap
tiger_musky

Post by tiger_musky »

Boiler,

If you have some extras, I would like to give them a try.
Nate Grahl
6081 Kahler Drive NE
Albertville, MN 55301

I’ve been using a piece of weed eater string as regulator that is inserted directly into either 1/16â€
boiler

Post by boiler »

I'll get em in the mail tomorrow Nate.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

If you make a longer fuselage for your Gorillas you can get a clunk tank in behind the engine on top of the post. That's how I use them on my Phenceposts. Bladders definately give a power boost and give great fuel feed but they are a PITA in my opinion! I've got to use them on my flying wings but wish I had an alternative!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Nate, Don's method works great on his bladders. All bladders are not equal as they use different size tubing and bladder material. These regulators reduce the pressure but don't block it completely. You get a more constant pressure even if the bladder pressure varies. Makes for a more constant needle setting. As Mike said, I think they are a PITA because you can't throttle back for launch or any other time it might be convienient. I also have a good way of filling those guys. I think Lou still has it posted on the georgiacombat.com site.
tiger_musky

Post by tiger_musky »

I flew bladders in the Southeast for about a year and half and wish I would have never gone that direction. For club combat, they were fine. When it came to contest, it was one problem after another, inconsistent needle settings, high RPMs, hydraulic lock, and so on. For those who have mastered the bladder, my hat is off to you. If I wasn't so pressed for time, I would build the Gorillas on a longer fence post, but it's just not an option at the moment. I'm just going to stick with the equipment I have at the moment and make the best of it. Mike, for your phenceposts, what is the length you are cutting them to allow the fuel tank.

Nate
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I use 22". For a 15 size motor it's no problem as the wing needs to be back as far as possible for balance. With a 25 on the nose a 6 oz tank just fits between the LE and the motor. Use as short a tank as possible! I think the Gorilla wing has less chord than the wing I use so you may even be able to go a little shorter.