Easter Hunt

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

Don Pruitt

Easter Hunt

Post by Don Pruitt »

We had seven brave souls venture into GA and risk the high winds like we experienced last March. Fortunately it wasn’t as bad this year. Initially the temps were predicted to be 74 with winds 5-10 mph. That was pretty close except that on contest day the winds were 10-20 and right in our face. Considering what we had last year this was a calm day.

Because of the low turnout, Hill Top club president Dave Eaton called for the club members to help out and we were able to provide for all club judging. We went all up all day and none of the flyers had to contend with judging duties. Many thanks to the club members that helped make the day a success.

We didn’t have any low time pilots so the pilot meeting was brief. “You are all experienced pilots and know the rules so let’s get it on and have funâ€
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Mile HI Salute !~ too Grasshopper.... Good job...[;)]
A very nice debrief as well too Mr. Pruitt.
Its nice too see club members step up and help out when needed.
Im jealous and looking forward too LSN ( 5 days )and counting.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Way to go Grasshopper! From the agony of defeat to the thrill of victory!
boiler

Post by boiler »

I really needed this meet to work out the Spring jittters. I dumb thumbed three times, launched into the dirt twice and forgot several items for my spare parts box. By the end of the day, I was chasing tail and having a ball. Look out Texas.[;)][}:)]
boiler

Post by boiler »

I hope the weather is as good in Texas as it was at Hilltop. I can really judge distance and identify my plane much better with a clear blue sky. I got in this morning about 10 after 12. Just had the last of the kids leave for home. Their 3 dogs gave our new pup an experience. She did better than expected. Two of the other 3 dogs need to behave better.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

Looks great! I really wish I could have made it...
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Congrats to Chris for that 4 point squeaker over Wayne. Looks like you guys had a blast, especially Dave Eaton. Wish I could have been there. Hopefully next time.
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

Great contest Don, outstanding club support! It's a marathon drive for me, 9 hrs. overnight to fly and 9 hrs. back afterward to die! Next time I'll hope to bring along at least one more pilot from Fl.

When 1 foot of streamer separates 1st 2nd, I reckon that's about as squeaky as it gets! Wayne and Chris were on me like a cheap suit as usual!

It was good to see old friends after the winter layoff. Don P., Don G., Chris Q., Dave E., Wayne, Stanley, Bob L., and the folks of the Hilltop club.

You are all cordially invited to my next contest here in Fl. coming up on the first weekend in May, "Bushwhacked '08" for 2 days and three classes of combat.

Congrats to one and all, happy trails 'til we meet again!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Thanks to the Hilltop crew for a fine meet. Chris, I already have your meet on my calendar. I had a 10 hr trip each way and it does help to have someone along. Last year Mark C. came down with me and he drove the last hour back to Cinci. We finished earlier this year but I got a little tired about an hour before Cinci. A shot of caffine and sugar got me back the the last 3 hours. I poured a drink to counteract the caffine when I got home but only took one tiny sip before I fell asleep. Didn't want or need any coffee the next morning. If it weren't so dang much fun flying combat, I wouldn't put myself through these road trips. I'll take my shots at the Texans next weekend. Should do much better after the target practice I got chasing you and Don. Oh, buy the way, I noticed you on my tail most of the day.[;)]
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

Thanks too all the Hilltop Flyers!!!!! I miss this Sh*&%!!!!!!! First class all the way, having enough club members to Judge, cook, and keep things running smoothly really made this one of the most enjoyable combat events that I have ever attended. Thanks does not say enough!!!!!!!! Don Pruit, I can't express my appreciation enough for all of your help and hardwork ( and others). It was great to see you and the rest of the guys and shake hands again!!!!!! I look forward to bringing the beer and chicken wings soon and hope to be able to return a little of the TRUE Southern hospitality to all the Georgia boys. Thanks again!!!!!! Dave Eaton, I never did find my needle valve after our mid-air. Just send me one when you can, it was clearly your fault that we hit!!!!!!! What a great sport!!!!!!!! I owe all of you guys a Great BIG THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love (gay,inbred Georgia type)

Chris Quinn
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

who's that guy in the photo who looks KINDA like Quinn, but is wearing a SHIRT??? Photos of Chris would only show a bronzed, sweaty, shirtless person. But that guy does look like he could be Chris' brother....