GMS.25 My review!

Check here for the latest and greatest engine modifications.

Moderator: hbartel

Jimbo

GMS.25 My review!

Post by Jimbo »

I have two of them and they **** !
The casting is ugly and poor, inside and out. They leak air around the OUTSIDE of the front bearings. I sealed every point on these engines you could think of. After doing that I was told on RCU that it was the bearings so I put a $30 set Boca high speed racing bearings in them. What a waste of time and money[:(!] When I took the original bearings off I looked at the casting where the bearings go in the front,it was very rough and the bearings didn't fit very tight.
That's not all.With the throttle closed you can put your finger over the carb and the engine still runs.
The slot where the stop screw goes in the throttle barrel is cut so rough that the throttle barrel will hang up and strip a plastic servo gear. On each end of the slot there is a hole that is deeper than the slot itself.I tried fixing it with my Dremel tool but it didn't help much. The engine also has VERY poor fuel draw, no matter how rich you run it, it will sag in the turns.
The only good thing I can say about it is that it does make good power at level flight. Even though I've had them for four months Tower said they would take them back no questions asked. [:D]

Kill them all !
Architect of the NEW up and coming NSCC.(Land of the level playing field)
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Just thought I'd bring it up again.

Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !